Guest happy feet

Just Hit Me

Guest happy feet

Good evening

Been decluttering the house all weekend, many trips to the tip and probably hundreds of pounds thrown in.. We have decided not to take any thing with us other than clothes and personal things, so alot to get rid of or sell, hoping to move out in the next couple of weeks. We have been lucky enough to have sold the house!!!

Any way to the point:chatterbox:, I've been to bed but had to get up an hour later... It just hit me to-night what we are doing, my stomach is in knots, i can't switch my brain off. OMG what are we doing!! I know this is normal, but i feel really emotionally, thinking of the good byes already, not even going till Jan (Hopefully).

I'm moving to the other side of the world, i've never been before, don'tknow anyone and i'm scared. No one to talk to so thought i would just put my feelings on here as i know we are all in the same boat and this site is great for support.:notworthy:

I'll stop waffling know, sorry for the boring thread, but i know we are all feeling the same, excitment, scared, frighten... AHHHHHHH:arghh:

Nite Nite

Thanks

Cara xxx

Hi Cara,

You will be ab fab it's so natural to have your head spinning, your life is about to be challenged.

You are uprooting your family without having any insight to what your life will be like.

But once you get here, If you have kids they'll settle, you go to work meet new friends and gradually you will start to build up a new life.

it does'nt happen over night, just like your life now,it didn't happen over night, but it will develope something new every day.

Good luck on your move, see you in Oz for a coffee.

Love Laura xxxxxx Now get some rest lol

What you're feeling is completely normal Cara! After waiting so long to get our visas, I remember waking up in a cold sweat a few nights after it was granted, wondering what in God's name we were doing leaving everything and everyone behind and swanning off to the other side of the world! When we first got here I was horrified, we'd made a terrible mistake!! But now we're very happy, we have a nice house, we're not far from the beach, and most importantly we've made some WONDERFUL friends who've helped us to adjust to our new lives as quickly and smoothly as possible. There are plenty of us over here now to help you do exactly the same when you arrive next year so don't worry! Keep remembering why you want to go in the first place and you'll be fine!:)

Guest cazzie

Hello Cara,

I have been here 3 weeks today and it has been very up and down to be honest. Like you, I didn't know anyone but people really are supportive and friendly and being in contact with PIA helps enormously. Remember, you don't have to do this at all, but how would you feel if you changed your mind and then regretted not trying? Something made you think about wanting to live in Adelaide. If you do give it a go, you may well be very pleasantly surprised. It's lovely here. Good luck and keep telling yourself that your feelings are perfectly normal.

Guest Django

Hi Cara,

If your like this now just wait until you get here:biglaugh: I was thinking 'what have we done' but after an afternoon on the beach and a visit to Cleland Park all is right with the world. I bumped into a Chelsea supporter who asked if I was on a long holiday like him. He said he was over here for 6 months and this time was coming to an end and how upset he was to be going back home. My short answer to him was 'I live here'.:P It didn't seem necessary to mention I had only arrived on Friday.:biglaugh:

You'll be fine. Its a lovely part of the world and any doubts you have will be blown away once you get settled. It is very different to the UK but then if it was the same then I guess we wouldn't all want to be here.

Pete

Guest donna T

Agree with all of the above - in fact if you didn't have these panics, THEN you wouldn't be normal.

The kids will settle really quickly - and as for not knowing anyone - that's what this site is all about - I don't know anyone who you couldn't pop round to for coffee - there are some really lovely genuine people on this site who will always lend an ear or a shoulder.

Enjoy your remaining time in the UK, understand that you will have plenty of panics like this before you fly (and probabaly quite a few more once you land!) but it IS worth it - honest!

Donna x

Guest happy feet

Thank you all for your lovely replies... Must have slept about 2 hrs, will be needing the pro plus to-day!!

Pete, glad you have landed safely and starting to settle in.

Hope to meet you all soooooon xxxxx

Guest LOOBYLOO

Tell me about it. We've got our visa and trying to sell house??!! I am really looking forward to the start of our new life. I get the wobbles about how I will feel when we get on the plane....going to the unknown and leaving my loved ones behind. I can't imagine it at the moment. I keep hoping the house buyer is just around the corner but I know when that happens I will panic...all the goodbyes etc. I just try to focus on why we did this in the first place.