Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich&Sal

should u visit? or just go 4 it

Guest Rich&Sal

just wondering if anybody has paid a visit to oz or are you just diving straight in ,iam thinking if it would be wise to save the money it would cost 4 a holiday and put it towards the big move

Guest taylor family

:D hi rich & sal if you can afford it do it but if not you will like it we have been twice and loved it thats why we are doing the big move.

we have done most of oz and it is just a different way of life and of course the weather helps. :lol:

when are you planning the big move and on which visa :?: all the best alan and laura. :D

Guest paulocon

Hi Rich + Sal, We were thinking of doing the same and go out for a hols and to do a bit of research - but then we have decided to holdback and just go for it and save the money it would cost. We now plan to use it towards returning back to the UK next xmas to visit instead.

I think I have done enough research prior to going out anyway and figured that you could probably do enough once you get out there in the first few weeks perhaps!!!

Let us know your thoughts - as it seems there are a lot of people on this site with the same thinking - I guess we are all just wondering whats in stall for us when we get out there!!!

Good luck with your app!!!

Paul

Guest BJF

Taking a vacation somewhere is a lot different to actually living there so I'd say just..

GO 4 IT!!!

Guest dglamoore

We are just going for it. That way we have no holiday expectations that may fall short when real life kicks in.

Just dive on in :D

Lisa

Hi

We also initially thought about going over, then we decided that just my hubby would go to have a look around for jobs, but now we have decided to save the money and put towards our new life once we are there.

Like many others we have done lots of research.....so feel like we sort of know what we are going to.

Its going to be a big adventure !

sarahxx

Guest hayls

hI Rich and Sal,

We are just going for it s**t or bust as Cameron says, and we fly on the 1st of jan so no going back now and we are going on a 136 visa so could have gone anywhere, but after lots of research Adelaide won hands down seems such a nice place to bring my kids up, and i might be able to afford a horse something i cant afford to do here[my dream and the girls]

speak to you soon

Hayls

Hi there

We visited Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sydney earlier this year. Loved all 3 but very different!

I 'personally' needed a holiday to Australia to even contemplate emigrating. Having said that we are opting for Adelaide on an SIR495 visa class (live & work in a low growth area)..........if I was on another visa class I would still stick with SA - it feels so right now.

I've made so many friends on this forum - who needs a holiday :!:

Save all your pennies & pounds towards migration, go on GO FOR IT :D

Merry Xmas

Angela

Guest ladybird

Hi, just joined the forum and thought i'd add to this thread as we are looking in to emigrating and are visiting adelaide in feb so we can make the big decision. Our main reason is that we have friends who emigrated to perth and they rave about it but when we visited them we really weren't keen so for us we need to make sure we will like it first!!

We are spending some time in a motel and some time in a campervan and intend to make it as much like living there as possible rather than holidaying.

Guest Guest75
    Hi, just joined the forum and thought i'd add to this thread as we are looking in to emigrating and are visiting adelaide in feb so we can make the big decision. Our main reason is that we have friends who emigrated to perth and they rave about it but when we visited them we really weren't keen so for us we need to make sure we will like it first!!

We are spending some time in a motel and some time in a campervan and intend to make it as much like living there as possible rather than holidaying.

That's the way to do it :-)

If it is a reccie trip try and observe as much of the life here as possible.Holidays do distort views.