ozzieclare2be

how to stop phone canvassers/sales

when i was in the uk you could ring a number and register your phone to stop people ringing you to try and sell you stuff. Now im here i get about about 7 calls a week about mobile phones but its annoying me as often they are silent at first. So any idea how i stop them? Is there a number i can ring ? Or shall i just put up with it and stop being a whinging pom :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

Talk about how sharp you can get your axe.

I actually did this the other day with a canvasser ,strange how the phone went dead after a few seconds.;)

There is a do not call register somewhere but it only works with mainland calls.

Can't remember for the life of me the web address at the moment.

Talk about how sharp you can get your axe.

I actually did this the other day with a canvasser ,strange how the phone went dead after a few seconds.;)

There is a do not call register somewhere but it only works with mainland calls.

Can't remember for the life of me the web address at the moment.

its on my landline, in fact i had one tonight , i let him start his speel them i said, " i have a phone, my husband has a phone, my best friend has one, so does next doors dog , i dont want one goodbye" (well i said goodbye in a less polit manner lol) , Hubster sat there and raised his eye brows, usually he just puts phone on the side lol:biglaugh: and hes a slaesman too so no sympathy, i feel bad now :jimlad:

Guest Devon

Hi there

You can register with www.acma.gov.au/donotcall

However as Tyke says it's only for certain mainland numbers ie charities etc are still allowed to call!

A lot of the free mobile call offers are from international call centres - I seem to have stopped them now by constantly saying the same thing. When they phone up and say Hi is that Mrs x I'm pleased to tell you that you've won a free mobile. I say thank you very much and put the phone straight down as they can't go ahead without you confirming some details. Those calls seem to have stopped now

On the ones offering special offers on roof guttering etc I always say sorry this is a rented house and I'm only on holiday here :biglaugh:

Thankfully they seem to have slowed down now as they went on everyday for a while there and really make me :realmad:

Hi there

You can register with www.acma.gov.au/donotcall

However as Tyke says it's only for certain mainland numbers ie charities etc are still allowed to call!

A lot of the free mobile call offers are from international call centres - I seem to have stopped them now by constantly saying the same thing. When they phone up and say Hi is that Mrs x I'm pleased to tell you that you've won a free mobile. I say thank you very much and put the phone straight down as they can't go ahead without you confirming some details. Those calls seem to have stopped now

On the ones offering special offers on roof guttering etc I always say sorry this is a rented house and I'm only on holiday here :biglaugh:

Thankfully they seem to have slowed down now as they went on everyday for a while there and really make me :realmad:

I always say that we're only renting as well! When an annoying Telstra person phones and tries to engage in conversation, I say "Sorry, I'm in the middle of changing a really pooey nappy at the moment" and put the phone down!

Guest Devon
    I always say that we're only renting as well! When an annoying Telstra person phones and tries to engage in conversation, I say "Sorry, I'm in the middle of changing a really pooey nappy at the moment" and put the phone down!

:biglaugh::biglaugh: That's a good one as well. The thing is we are only renting but they don't know if you are or not :P (that was to them not you Liz)!