Guest ReadyPenny

Police Checks and Medicals

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting the police checks done and the cost?

Also can we have our medicals and police checks done and "front load" them with the Visa application on line?

Can someone please tell me if "front loading" is the same as uploading or am I being stupid?

cheers

Guest Taylors08

Hi,

We have just done our medicals and police checks and we got all the information from the IMMI website once you lodged your visa you get a reply telling you what you need to upload. I think its form 47p for police checks and these cost £35 each over 16 only (i think) The medicals are form 160 and 26 for medicals and x-rays. And our xrays cost £70 each. medicals were about £600 for a family of 4. You can find out who the panel doctors are off the website to, it gives you the list for your area.

Hope this helps

Kelly x

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting the police checks done and the cost?

Also can we have our medicals and police checks done and "front load" them with the Visa application on line?

Can someone please tell me if "front loading" is the same as uploading or am I being stupid?

cheers

hi mandy

We got our police checks done through Hutton Pollice Head Quarters for Lancashire, so i am not sure about you being in Great Manchester district, even though you are only 12 miles away from us. It cost us £10 each and took about 5 weeks.

Not sure about front loading being same as uploading!! We were told by our agent that we could front load medicals but also told that the visa starts to expire from the date of the medical eg if medical 30 Sept 2008 then you have 12 months from that date to get into australia to validate the VISA. As there was a back log at the time we applied, we decided not to risk it. The cost of the medicals if not cheap. Medicals are done by panel doctors, the list given by SA government. We went to one in Preston, but again you may be able to go to one in Manchester. We got an appointment within one week and the results within a few days. The panel doctors had 2 weeks from the date of the medical to send to Oz.

So much to think about, I know

Carole x :jiggy: