New Provisional Occuptation List Published 23/9/08 (475)

Pesty650

Oh god, we aren't on it!! We already have our sponsorship - will that be ok???? Arrrgghhhh panic!!

We are in the same boat!!

Hopefully, as we already have our sponsorship agreed, then it shouldn't be a problem as they have probably looked at the demand and the quotas allocated and taken those already granted into consideration.

I would imagine that it would be much like turning 45, once the application is in then the over 45 rule does not apply.

Howard :)

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi everyone,

We have just mailed agent as really concerned. Have just had a look on list and Toms job has been taken of (Property Manager) So really worried. We have only just sent our State Spons of and agent hasn't submitted form yet so don't know where we stand. I've a feeling it's not going to be good news can anyone give me any imformation. Not looking forward to the relpies ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks Jo and Tom x

Guest familygood

Hi

I got this from my migration agent today and thought people might find it useful. The time to apply to DIAC is news to me too!

Emma

Revised Occupations List

A revised List of Occupations for provisional visa sponsorship has been announced. The changes will take effect immediately. However, if you have already submitted an application on-line under an occupation that has been removed, the application will remain valid for 60 days. If all the supporting documents are not received by Immigration SA by that time, the application will expire.

If an application has already been approved, the applicant has currently six (6) months to lodge the visa application with DIAC or the approval will lapse. The revised list will not affect applications that have already been approved.

Please refer to the revised list for details:

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdfs/gsm/OccupationList_Provisional.pdf

Validity of Sponsorship

Immigration South Australia has also amended the validity of the sponsorship applications from six (6) months to one (1) month. This means that visa applications must be lodged with DIAC within one month of the sponsorship approval date.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Thanks for that,

Just had reply back from agent to confirm that Toms job has been removed of the list. However all is not lost thank god, he has suggested applying with me as the main applicant as my occupation is on the list. So am having to gather all my certificates etc now back to square one but just relieved it was not the end of the road.

Jo x:)