Guest deborah

speed dating

Guest deborah

just seen a news report (other day) apparently the SA gov are over here trying to encourage single women to go over as 50% of men in SA are single!

They have arranged some sort of speed dating event!

Did anyone else see this?

Anyone taking part?

I don't know when or where probably London.

It happened yesterday I think. They spoke to some people on BBC Breakfast TV about it.

My husband who is from Adelaide is on the mailing list for the SA Agent General in London (they organise events for all the ex-pat South Australians around London). A few weeks back he got an email inviting him to go along if he was under 40 and single. He fails on both counts, plus he is already married to a pom !!!

He tries to go to some of the events and they usually have free South Australian wine, Coopers beer and Villis pies!!!! Once a year the Premier Mike Rann turns up at Australia House and gives a big speech about how the SA economy is booming. Did you know he is originally English?

It happened yesterday I think. They spoke to some people on BBC Breakfast TV about it.

My husband who is from Adelaide is on the mailing list for the SA Agent General in London (they organise events for all the ex-pat South Australians around London). A few weeks back he got an email inviting him to go along if he was under 40 and single. He fails on both counts, plus he is already married to a pom !!!

He tries to go to some of the events and they usually have free South Australian wine, Coopers beer and Villis pies!!!! Once a year the Premier Mike Rann turns up at Australia House and gives a big speech about how the SA economy is booming. Did you know he is originally English?

I didn't know Mike Rann was English! Anyway, if the SA government can give away wine, beer and pies, why can't the English government come over here once in a while and dish out free warm beer and fish and chips???:biglaugh: If that doesn't cure someone's homesickness I don't know what would!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
    I didn't know Mike Rann was English! Anyway, if the SA governement can give away wine, beer and pies, why can't the English government come over here once in a while and dish out free warm beer and fish and chips???:biglaugh: If that doesn't cure someone's homesickness I don't know what would!:biglaugh:

I'll go for the fish and chips at least. Hmmm........flaky and juicy haddock in a light crispy batter with thick cut chips,all swimming in beef dripping.

I'm starving now!!!!

I'll go for the fish and chips at least. Hmmm........flaky and juicy haddock in a light crispy batter with thick cut chips,all swimming in beef dripping.

I'm starving now!!!!

Beef dripping! Ah, I see you're called Tyke. You'd be from Yorkshire then! Watch those arteries now.

Guest Guest75
    Beef dripping! Ah, I see you're called Tyke. You'd be from Yorkshire then! Watch those arteries now.

Aye Up!

From Leeds in the White Rose County:)

Plenty of red wie eeded to flush those arteries;)

Guest graandjac
    Aye Up!

From Leeds in the White Rose County:)

Plenty of red wie eeded to flush those arteries;)

There's only one word that goes with Leeds and its....Dirty....:P sorry its a footie thing.

There's only one word that goes with Leeds and its....Dirty....:P sorry its a footie thing.

Watch it, we're all Leeds fans here and we'll come over and bite yer legs!!!

Tyke, I've just got a craving for fish & chips thanks to you. Still in gods own country, so it'll be done in beef dripping as only us Tykes know how.