Guest Medindie Delight

Grand Final

Guest Medindie Delight

I've been to see the crows (AFL or Gay FL, loved that) play at times over the last year or so, and I find the atmosphere quite flat at AAMI, but I think with a such a large pitch it's hard to generate a great atmosphere, where as I went to watch the Reds (Adelaide Utd) on Wednesday and thought the atmosphere was fantastic, singing, chanting,I had a great night. and of course we won, which helps.

But I'm off to tomorrow's Grand Final with the lads from Footy so I'm hoping to see a great match with a great atmosphere, plus lot's of beer. I hear you can drink at the MCG so I may not be in a great shape at the end... :biglaugh:

Is anybody else going down to the G or has been to a grand final to let me know what it's like ?

From Melbourne we're then going to Surfers for the Mad Monday (the whole footy team do some serious bonding or drinking, i can't be sure). Is anyone else playing footy and having a Mad Monday ?

I've been to see the crows (AFL or Gay FL, loved that) play at times over the last year or so, and I find the atmosphere quite flat at AAMI, but I think with a such a large pitch it's hard to generate a great atmosphere, where as I went to watch the Reds (Adelaide Utd) on Wednesday and thought the atmosphere was fantastic, singing, chanting,I had a great night. and of course we won, which helps.

But I'm off to tomorrow's Grand Final with the lads from Footy so I'm hoping to see a great match with a great atmosphere, plus lot's of beer. I hear you can drink at the MCG so I may not be in a great shape at the end... :biglaugh:

Is anybody else going down to the G or has been to a grand final to let me know what it's like ?

From Melbourne we're then going to Surfers for the Mad Monday (the whole footy team do some serious bonding or drinking, i can't be sure). Is anyone else playing footy and having a Mad Monday ?

Aah, so this is what you mean when you say that Adelaide is dull and boring? Well, for someone from Sutton Coldfield who enjoys the Birmingham night-life, you should find a drink-fuelled footy weekend to be just the ticket! Personally, a quiet beach, a good book and a nice bottle of wine suits me a whole lot better, but then I'm from the quiet backwaters of Northamptonshire!