Guest Trakki

Urgent help needed??

Guest Trakki

I have picked up my uniform for work and the trousers are about 10ft too long!!:err:! I only have a small travel sewing kit with me and am useless at sewing so was wondering if there was anyone on here that could help me out? I can't work with them so long, not good to see your nurse constantly tripping over!!!!:goofy:

thanks in advance:notworthy:

Guest deanrm

Hiya

Have you considered Wonder Web, i know its not ideal but it does work. I got some ffom Big W, it only costs a few dollars and there is no chance of pricking youself.

Good luck with your new job.

Trisha

Guest Nat

Hi

There's a place in collonades that does alterations. Not sure of the prices though.

It's near Wendy's and a lady that sells fleece blankets.

Theres a place at Marion (Shopping Centre) that also does alterations. Sorry do not know the name of it. But if you enter the shopping centre from the indoor car park on the upper level and then go in the centre at the cinema end it is just there inside the door way on the LHS by the escalotors.

I have picked up my uniform for work and the trousers are about 10ft too long!!:err:! I only have a small travel sewing kit with me and am useless at sewing so was wondering if there was anyone on here that could help me out? I can't work with them so long, not good to see your nurse constantly tripping over!!!!:goofy:

What is it with the nurses trousers, my wifes were about 2 foot to long........i do beleive she also went down the...'chop em and wonderweb route,

Si,:)

Hi Tracy,

Rachel brought some trousers in Rundall Mall, needed them adjusted so went into one of the arcades of Rundal Mall and went into a tailors. 10 mins later all done for $12.

There are lots of places like it that can do them.

Good luck in your new job

Guest graandjac

:err:Hi Tracy the closest place for you guys would be in collonades

Most dry cleaners do alterations. Also those trousers that work supplies are yuk anyway, I buy my own, any dark navy will do. I buy cheapos from Target/ Kmart. So when you've worn them out or if you want more than the 2 pairs issued you can buy your own. :D

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Tracy couldn't you ask one of the doctors to sew them up ;), there again a week later they would want to take them out.

Guzzler

The place in the Colonades charges $20, go in try them on and they will pin them up and you can collect them about an hour later.

Mine were also 2 ft too long - Myself and Clare (ozzieclare2be) have to buy our work trousers from the approved supplier (Oh the joy of working in a private hospital). The trousers wer $83!!! I kid you not (wouldn't pay that for a pair to go out in), cost me over $200 for a pair of trousers and two tops and you have to pay up front and then have to pay $20 to have them shortened:arghh: Wouldn't dare cut em and wonder web em incase I cocked up!

Lindsey

Guest Trakki

Thanks everyone, think I will go to Colonnades and get it done. I have wonder webbed Jacks school trousers in the UK and it is a pig to get level and then falls down after a few washes. Thanks again :wubclub: