Guest vikkiann

Leaving Party

Guest vikkiann

Hi guys, I'm just trying to get everything organised.

Gosh, i never thought there'd be so much to do!

Is anyone having a leaving party?

My hubby thinks we shouldn't do it but i think it'd be the best way of saying goodbye to all of our friends and family.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vikki

Hey,

We had a leaving party...and it was fancy dress...and it was excellent!!

We had all our friends for one last fling....

We did have a seperate do for our close family and friends!

I have no regrets on the party at all!

Dan and Steph

hi vikki, our friends went last week to melbourne and they had a sunday afternoon drink (12 till 4) at the local workings men club . i thnik i will have to have a really big party ! take care carolyn

Guest ade&emma

We had a leaving party up north for my friends and family there. Then we had the big leaving party in the South where we live for all our friends and Adrian's family. We had final meals with just close friends then a final meal with just family. All were great but we were just knackered by the end of it all. Got some great photo's and memories though so would definately recommend you do it. It also makes people appreciate that you are actually going. We had people who only just came round to the fact we were really going on the night of our leaving party. We had an address book and got email addresses and numbers from people to keep in touch. It's also nice to look back on the messages left in there.

Emma & Ade

We did similar to Ade and Emma except our big leaving do was our wedding! We had a night out with close friends as well and in the last couple of days we drove round saying goodbye to the family. It was exhausting but we couldn't have gone without a bit of a bash!:)

Guest caoimhe
    Hi guys, I'm just trying to get everything organised.

Gosh, i never thought there'd be so much to do!

Is anyone having a leaving party?

My hubby thinks we shouldn't do it but i think it'd be the best way of saying goodbye to all of our friends and family.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vikki

Hi Vikki, imagine the time you will spend running around visiting people you don't see very often but would need to say goodbye to before going

Immediate family and close friends can be left until after that as you will wand to see them literatly before going

I know I want immiediate family and very close friends only at the airport goodbye stage-- NO rephrase I will not get away with not letting then come to the airport:arghh:

But we have cousins and work collgues etc that you would never have enough time to spend having varios nights out to say googbye -you would be constantly drained so throw a bit bash and get as many over and do with in i go

Then leave only to close one's to see during the last few days

Yep, we are having a leaving Party this Friday, invites said hats with corks optional, plus lots of smaller get togethers over the next two weeks. Boy will we be sleeping all the way to Singapore.

A party does help to reduce the time you would spend in saying goodbye to everyone separately.

Carole n Andrew