Beanbear

Building

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has built from scratch (i.e without one of the house and land companies). We are seriously thinking about this option and would like a reality check! What was the cost like? How long did it take? Possible pitfalls?

Any relevant info gratefully received.

:v_SPIN::)

my cousin and her husband built their own house out in kangarilla. Its stunning very unusual design, i take it what u mean is they did plans themselves, and got a builder in rather than buying off plan? I wont be speaking to her til next week as shes away at moment but will ask for you if you like i know they are still finishing bits off but moved in as soon as it was livable.

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has built from scratch (i.e without one of the house and land companies). We are seriously thinking about this option and would like a reality check! What was the cost like? How long did it take? Possible pitfalls?

Any relevant info gratefully received.

:v_SPIN::)

just wanted to add myself onto this question as i would be very interested in any answers and insight of things to watch out for doing it this way.

ta

kathx

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi All,

We too would be very intersted in this as my husband is a bricklayer/builder and we would love for him to build our house!