still no 475 visa...nearly 10 months on!P-SS-D OFF!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

First of all congratulations to you people who have just been granted your visas!

But from my point of view i am so P-SS-D OFF with it all!

We have been waiting for our 475 since last December (nearly 10 months ago)and now visas are flying out for applications lodged MAY 08!

just doesn't seem fair and has made me very angry to say the least!

Just been in touch with my agent to have a go at him to be told this is the case at the moment....the DIAC are throwing these recent applications out to make things look good for "THEM" ....SOD the applications that have been sitting there for nearly 10 months!

We have 11 more nights in the UK (as a lot of you probably know)...we took a big gamble in hope that our visa would be through in time!

Highly unlikely now!!!

We will have NO choice now but to go out on ETA visa last minute until our 475 is granted.....AND then we will HAVE to fly out to New Zealand (with 4 young kids) for a week to be officially out of Australia to get the golden ticket stamped in Auckland in our passports!Not ideal to say the least and at more expense!Plus we can't work whilst on the ETA visa!

Gill

Hi Gill - just to let you know you are not on your own ! We have been waiting since 25.11 and I am gettign so fed up with the whole process. We planned to be leaving in October this year but know this will not be happening now. We didn't use and agent and wondered if that is why we seem to have been put at the bottom of the pile. I did send complaint throught the DIAC site and they said we would be allocated this week (whatever that means !) but checked on line and status till on processing commenced. We haven't booked flights so guess no rush but being in limbo is just horrible. I do hope you get yours soons as you must be really worried. Will keep you posted if we get anthing this week - noticed that the update for 475 has changed this week. Does seem to be that these type of visa are not being processed very quickly at the moment.

Jan

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill - just to let you know you are not on your own ! We have been waiting since 25.11 and I am gettign so fed up with the whole process. We planned to be leaving in October this year but know this will not be happening now. We didn't use and agent and wondered if that is why we seem to have been put at the bottom of the pile. I did send complaint throught the DIAC site and they said we would be allocated this week (whatever that means !) but checked on line and status till on processing commenced. We haven't booked flights so guess no rush but being in limbo is just horrible. I do hope you get yours soons as you must be really worried. Will keep you posted if we get anthing this week - noticed that the update for 475 has changed this week. Does seem to be that these type of visa are not being processed very quickly at the moment.

Jan

Thanks Jan....Good to hear we are not on our own...never the less still dam annoying and very frustrating!

Will keep an eye out to see when you get the "golden ticket" approval!

Gill

We are the same. We told our agent to go ahead with the process in Jan 07. It took them til Mar 08 to get everthing sorted. Which at the time I was ok about as he said it would only be about 4 mths till the visa would be granted.

I am so unhappy at work but I cannot leave as my boss will tell the next school that I am planning to go (eventually hoping fingers crossed) to oz. I have missed so many opportunities for promotion as we keep saying there is no point because we are going.

But... are we and when!!! The kids are feed up with asking what is happening are we still going. What do you keep saying.

I also rang my agent complaining and they said we check it every week. Big deal!! I can do that.

How come some people who have only lodged their application 4/5 months ago have got their visa's ? (I know it is a different visa) I just want to plan my future in oz or get on with my life in Uk.

Janine

You are right it is very annoying when you expect the visa to take a few months. I seriously thought when we applied we would have the visa by approx May and would be going in Oct. I also feel like my life is on hold there is only the two of us and we always have a couple of holidays a year,I haven't told anyone at work and they are all asking why I am not going on holiday and I am having to make excuses (and I am C--P at lying). I have also not applied for jobs on promotion etc as I can't see the point if I am leaving. Some days it really doesn't bother me but others I feel like ringing someone up to have a moan...but you can't. It is frustrating when you see people that applied well into 2008 getting visas and I know they are different types visa but think the process is infuriating. I checked the flight prices in Dec/January and they are so expensive so think we will not end up going until February. Not sure I can face another winter here, especially after the wind and rain today. I will certainly post if I hear anything or the status changes from "processing commenced".

Jan

Gill I just had a quick look on BE timeline and the visa that have been granted the last couple of days are either 175 or 176 so I do think for some reason they are not processing the 475 visas. I really do hope in the next 11 days you get yours. In fact as your flights are booked you can have yours before mine, I will let them know to process yours first....ha ha !

Jan

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Hi,

I totally symphasize with you. We are in the exactly the same boat.

We were told that we would get our visa by July the latest. We are now living in limbo land over a year and we can't make any plans. I also had to tell work that I was thinking of emigrating (had to provide references from my managers at work for the start of the visa process back in March 2006) . So no promotions, training courses, benefits etc. since then :-(((

I can't wait until it's over so we can start living to the full again.

Good luck to everybody who's living in Limboland

Siggi & Helen xx

Guest Lulujim

This is not good!! :skeptical: We applied 4 months after you - aaaarrrgggh! Have you got a CO yet?? Thank you x

Hi,

I totally symphasize with you. We are in the exactly the same boat.

We were told that we would get our visa by July the latest. We are now living in limbo land over a year and we can't make any plans. I also had to tell work that I was thinking of emigrating (had to provide references from my managers at work for the start of the visa process back in March 2006) . So no promotions, training courses, benefits etc. since then :-(((

I can't wait until it's over so we can start living to the full again.

Good luck to everybody who's living in Limboland

Siggi & Helen xx

I also had to tell my work last Feb 07 because I needed a reference. My eldest son finished his G.C.S.E's in June 08 and it would have been ideally to fly out this summer before my next son started his G.C.S.E's but its not worked out like that.

Its the kids I feel sorry for as they have missed loads of chances to do things. My eldest wanted to do his Silver D of E but it was £140.00 and the final weekend was going to be July 08. I thought we would be gone to Oz by then so he didn't do it!!!:arghh: He could of done it and more!!!!

By the postings it is the 475 visa's that are not being granted. I am going to ring my agent and tell him. (dont know how much it will help).

Is there a complaints system?

Carn't stop moaning at the moment must be work and the weather. If any 475's have been granted lately could you let us know how long your applications took so we can try and put a picture together. Janine

Well it was a week yesterday since DIAC said we would be allocated, so just checked and yes you guessed they lied still at processing commenced therefore assume we don't have a CO. Sent a further e-mail today (very polite) stating that we were told we would here something this week and asking when we can expect to hear something about our application. Will keep you posted if we receive a reply. Not sure if it helps to complain but just feel like we are doing something.

Jan

First of all congratulations to you people who have just been granted your visas!

But from my point of view i am so P-SS-D OFF with it all!

We have been waiting for our 475 since last December (nearly 10 months ago)and now visas are flying out for applications lodged MAY 08!

just doesn't seem fair and has made me very angry to say the least!

Just been in touch with my agent to have a go at him to be told this is the case at the moment....the DIAC are throwing these recent applications out to make things look good for "THEM" ....SOD the applications that have been sitting there for nearly 10 months!

We have 11 more nights in the UK (as a lot of you probably know)...we took a big gamble in hope that our visa would be through in time!

Highly unlikely now!!!

We will have NO choice now but to go out on ETA visa last minute until our 475 is granted.....AND then we will HAVE to fly out to New Zealand (with 4 young kids) for a week to be officially out of Australia to get the golden ticket stamped in Auckland in our passports!Not ideal to say the least and at more expense!Plus we can't work whilst on the ETA visa!

Gill

This is so awful, I really hope you get everything sorted before you go. We have taken a gamble and booked our flights for June 2009, we applied June 2008 and just presumed that would be plenty of time, now I'm starting to panick we will have to go without the visa like you.

Hey, atleast we can go, I keep telling myself that!! Could be stuck in this country for ever! - Might be at this rate!!

Well it was a week yesterday since DIAC said we would be allocated, so just checked and yes you guessed they lied still at processing commenced therefore assume we don't have a CO. Sent a further e-mail today (very polite) stating that we were told we would here something this week and asking when we can expect to hear something about our application. Will keep you posted if we receive a reply. Not sure if it helps to complain but just feel like we are doing something.

Jan

Hiya. I'm in the same boat too - applied on 25/11/07 for 475 visa, no agent. No visa yet. I complained a couple of weeks ago and finally got a case officer on 24th Sept. Status has changed to 'processing commenced further' but looking at other threads, that doesn't mean much anyway! My meds have been requested and I had them done on 12th Sept so just waiting for them to be processed. Think they take a while to process meds tho so back to the waiting game.

i'm like you, probs won't be going until Feb09 but i've gotta give 3 months notice at work so really hoping to hear by end of October. I'll let you know if i have any more progress.

Guest Django

I really feel for all of you. You can't even start to make any concrete plans until you have that sticker in your books. As for the unfair system that is the visa merry go round. Don't even get me started.:realmad: How they can justify some people waiting nearly a year and some getting theirs in days is beyond me. Its not right but thats what we have to put up with. Once you are here you will still hit hurdles. Unexpected ones at that.

I so hope I turn my computer on soon and see you all have had 'that' email.

Good luck guys we are thinking of you.

Pete

Hi Maz - I think I would feel a little better if our visa had changed from processing commenced, at least I would feel that someone had a look at it. You are exactly the same date as us ! We did medicals in May so they are already there and the other week realized that my OH needed full birth certificate so applied for that and then loaded it. I keep thinking that maybe we haven't got everything they need or that I have loaded things incorrectly. I just hope all is ok as if not will have a further delay. Lets hope we get some news next week.

Jan

Guest KarenR

Hello,

I feel for you all and went through exactly the same last year with waiting on my 475, so can empathise. What eventually hurried my application and resulted in my visa been granted in March 08 was my police clearance was due to expire in May 08. Therefore a condition of my visa been granted was entry into Australia before 4th May 08 which meant that I had only 6 weeks to prepare myself physically and emotionally between visa been granted and getting here – not a lot of time.

I’m not sure if this will help people maybe they can possibly use it as a reason with the DIAC to pursue the status of their application or maybe (just to prepare you!) you may need to apply for another police clearance if yours does expire within the 12 months validity period.

I hope that to most of you this is good news and hurries up the application otherwise I just wanted to make you aware of any possibilities!

Very best of luck to the rest of the 475’ers J

Karen

Hi Karen- Many thanks for the advice our Police checks were done in March this year so a while until they expire. I actually feel a little guilty complaining as I have just read a thread about people who had applied on 495 visa and then the capital investment was withdrawn, they must be so disappointed and I can't believe they are still unsure waht will happen. At least we will get the visa and we did apply on line, the paper appliacation 475 visas are still on Septmeber 2007 so they have bee waiting well over a year. Just the waiting game gets you down but need to stop moaning about it and enjoy another winter here! Jan

• 2 weeks later...
No we have NOT even got a case officer yet!!!!!
Something must be astray somewhere!.......................Dont know whether youve contacted Dimia ( or whoever nowadays) direct, but id give it a go to see whats occuring.

Ill say what a lot of people are probably thinking...........................are you mad !!!!!

good luck though and hope it works out

smit