Sign in to follow this  
Guest LOOBYLOO

I don't believe it!!

Guest LOOBYLOO

We've been trying to sell the house ourselves. Had a viewing last Sunday and she said she liked the house but wasn't in a position to make an offer but thanks anyway. Decided to sign up with an estate agent and leave the house on market and head to Adelaide (fed up being in limbo). Booked our flights for end of November.

Estate agent came round today and we signed up and the new sign will be up tomorrow. The viewer from Sunday has just phoned for a second viewing with her husband. If they decide they want it we will have to pay estate agent for nothing :arghh:

I suppose if we get a sale we should be grateful in the present climate.

Guest Carkyde

Linda

I think if you can prove that the estate agent didn't introduce you to the buyer then you won't have to pay any EA fees. I think this is correct!! Hope so for your sake!! C

Guest Lulujim

Have a look in to the Ts and Cs - there might be a 'cooling off' period (7 days?) and you could pull out of the contract? :err:

Guest vikkiann

You only pay the estate agent for buyers that they introduce just check out her mortgage status if she was to make an offer. We've accepted an offer, had survey done and should exchange within a few weeks but i've not taken it off the market just in case.

Vikki

Guest caoimhe
    We've been trying to sell the house ourselves. Had a viewing last Sunday and she said she liked the house but wasn't in a position to make an offer but thanks anyway.

Why the hell was she viewing a house to begin with if she wasn't in a position to make an offer and why now does she want to come back:goofy:

Guest LOOBYLOO
    Why the hell was she viewing a house to begin with if she wasn't in a position to make an offer and why now does she want to come back:goofy:

My point exactly....and how's her situation changed since last Sunday? I didn't want to say no to a second viewing just in case. It would be nice to sell the house before we leave