Irish Kelie

Distances and time taken to travel in Adelaide

HI, i need help in establishing distances between different areas.

I have been doing my research, like a good girl and as every1 suggests, but on all the estate agents websites they give different distances from one place to the next:arghh:.

We are arriving in November and have a short term rental for November sorted in Grange and have hired a car to drive around and look at different areas to decide where we are going to live. My OH has a job in mt barker, but i will prob have to work in call centre so prob city centre( But if any one has any advice or recommendations on this it would also be appreciated).

I was thinking somewhere in between would be gr8, can any1 advise of areas inbetween!!!

How far from city to aberfoyle and how far to Mt barker from Aberfoyle

Same scenarion for Happy Valley

Hallett Cove

Flagstaff Hill

If any1 could suggest any other areas would be gr8.

HELP:notworthy::notworthy:

HI, i need help in establishing distances between different areas.

I have been doing my research, like a good girl and as every1 suggests, but on all the estate agents websites they give different distances from one place to the next:arghh:.

We are arriving in November and have a short term rental for November sorted in Grange and have hired a car to drive around and look at different areas to decide where we are going to live. My OH has a job in mt barker, but i will prob have to work in call centre so prob city centre( But if any one has any advice or recommendations on this it would also be appreciated).

I was thinking somewhere in between would be gr8, can any1 advise of areas inbetween!!!

How far from city to aberfoyle and how far to Mt barker from Aberfoyle

Same scenarion for Happy Valley

Hallett Cove

Flagstaff Hill

If any1 could suggest any other areas would be gr8.

HELP:notworthy::notworthy:

id look at the east side as the coast would be a bit of a trek everyday to mount barker eg about an hour at least to hallett cove, flagstaff about 45 mins happy valley about 45 mins. They are a bit of a trek id look more crafter bridgewater, depends how far you want to live from work. Have a look at google map of adelaide, some really nice eastern burbs

Is crafter one of those east coast suburbs, can you suggest a few more, also how long would it take him to get to work from there and also, how long would it take me to get in to city incase i have to work, as it is looking more likely every day!!:sad:

Cheers

Is crafter one of those east coast suburbs, can you suggest a few more, also how long would it take him to get to work from there and also, how long would it take me to get in to city incase i have to work, as it is looking more likely every day!!:sad:

Cheers

there is no east coast hun, mount barker is out in the hills, to city around 30 mins from mount barker so anywhere in between including stirling, crafter s bridgewater but youd still have to drive around 40 mins to beach from inbetween . All depends what sort of lifestyle you want, personally i didnt like hallett cove, flagstaff or happey valley which is where all the brits gravitiate to. So i ended up in seaford:biglaugh:but i find it a bit bland so will be moving when the lease is up hopefully further up the coast where theres a bit more going on.

Thanks Clare, thats great.. Will have a look at those other areas, dont mind having to drive 40 mins to beach. Not really a beach girl like the country more. So if you reckon only 30 mins to city from mt barker then will try and get a rental there also!!

Thanks again Clare

your welcome, i dont really know much about these areas but hopefully others might be able to tell you. You could do a search on realestate.com will give you an idea about rental costs etc, i have heard that stirling is really nice place though but i would get a holiday let and have a really good look when you get here as everyones opinions are different and what i might like you wont.

You could actually get from glenelg to mount barker in around 45 mins so that could open up a whole new area to you but i wouldnt want to look further south on coast from glenlg as that is the closest direct route or eastern burbs like norwood (which i like lots going on) within 30 mins of mount barker but about 10-15 from adelaide cbd x

Guest pommy1

If you like country more then beach, Mt Barker is a good place to live, easy access to City Via Freeway, lots of new builds happening there.

Sue

I think crafter is Crafers, it is in the hills. If you like the hills you could try Blackwood, Belair, Hawthornedene area because these have roads that lead to the freeway to take you to Mt Barker, about 10 - 15 mins once on freeway from there and it only takes about 15- 30 mins to town on the normal roads depending on peak hour traffic. (peak hour does really last about an hour).

I know one of the banks (Westpac perhaps?) has a big call centre near Flinders University. Coromandel Valley is within easy reach of that, and your OH could probably cut through from there to Mount Barker?

The RAA website is a good one and gives distance and approximate travel times between two points - although I would add on about half as much again for peak time travel!

http://www.raa.net/travel_trip_planner.asp?TerID=580&startmode=advroute

Just done a quick "Call Centre" search for Adelaide and the jobs that mention locaion seem to be in the "eastern suburbs" - http://mycareer.com.au/jobs/adelaide/customer-service-contact-centre/contact-centre/

Guest smit
    All depends what sort of lifestyle you want, personally i didnt like hallett cove, flagstaff or happey valley which is where all the brits gravitiate to. So i ended up in seaford:biglaugh:but i find it a bit bland so will be moving when the lease is up hopefully further up the coast where theres a bit more going on.
    Interesting.........................a month later youve bought a house in Seaford!*!!!:huh:

Guest smit

You could actually get from glenelg to mount barker in around 45 mins so that could open up a whole new area to you but i wouldnt want to look further south on coast from glenlg as that is the closest direct route

Now that depends on what time of day you travel?If you left after 7am I doubt very much youd do it in under an hour, crossing all those traffic lights.

I would suggest Blackwood, Belair, Coro valley. Or at the bottom of the freeway, Glen Osmond,Mitcham, and as said Norwood. I think you need to understand your budget and know what you are willing to go to first, and then see what you can afford, . This is always a drawback for most people:arghh:

As with the last mentioned areas, Crafers, Stirling arent cheap either. Not my choice , the hills...........too dismal in winter, but..........................each to thier own:)

Interesting.........................a month later youve bought a house in Seaford!*!!!:huh:

yep we decided seaford was for us after all:biglaugh:couldnt really afford to move further up to be honest after looking into it. Its sort of grown on me ideally would have loved port noarlunga but prices gone up alot there, and in retrospect i feel comfotable here :)(i also change my mind alot lol)

Guest smit
    yep we decided seaford was for us after all:biglaugh:couldnt really afford to move further up to be honest after looking into it. Its sort of grown on me ideally would have loved port noarlunga but prices gone up alot there, and in retrospect i feel comfotable here :)(i also change my mind alot lol)
    Port Noarlunga , imo , has the best alround beaches in Adelaide. And prices have gone up............when we first came you could buy down near the town bit dirt cheap.