ozzieclare2be

speeding fines!!

there are cameras everywhere here, chris got done first week we were here $200 fine, yesterday got stopped at end of expressway was concentrating (tired) where limit changes down and got pulled in $310 and 3 points :arghh:. I never speed never never:arghh:and one time i do i get done, what about all the hoons who were passing me at 120 earlier on? :sad:so be warned if your coming out, and also they usually have roadblocks at weekend to stop cars to check for drink driving too (not that i ever would bu i can see why people would be tempted down south given everything is so bloody far away)

Guest Bodie

Ditto

OH got a $310 fine & 3 points on her licence on Weds last week. Copper said another 10k over the limit and she'd have lost her licence! We were also told that the fines/penalties are doubled during apublic holiday (eg Monday). Any truth to this or is it just another urban myth?

Mark

yep they had a breatherlyser on both sides of Anzac Highway just before the city last night. Whenever there is a public holiday weekend they are out in force.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The faster you go the higher the fine!

Dont worry you will soon get used to going slow!:arghh:

sarah

Guest Perth Pom
    Ditto

OH got a $310 fine & 3 points on her licence on Weds last week. Copper said another 10k over the limit and she'd have lost her licence! We were also told that the fines/penalties are doubled during apublic holiday (eg Monday). Any truth to this or is it just another urban myth?

Mark

No, it's true. It's always "double de-merit points" on public holiday weekends. That means from 6pm Friday till 8am Monday on a public holiday weekend.

No, it's true. It's always "double de-merit points" on public holiday weekends. That means from 6pm Friday till 8am Monday on a public holiday weekend.

does that mean i will get 6 points ?:shocked:

dont worry you still have 6 points left then and i'm sure you won't be speeding again after being stung. your points last for a 3 yr period and then get dropped, so if you dont get any more you will be fine in 3 yrs. When they introduced the 50 limit, i found myself driving 60 a lot when i was tired cos body was programmed to know the feel of cruising at 60. Even now several years later

i still sometimes do it, particularly on one road that is wide and long and doesn't feel like a suburban st.

Guest SA Great

You'd think with all the money they raise through speeding fines they could afford to build a new sports stadium. Another can of worms!! Any response to this one anybody?? I'd love one personally!!

Guest Nick11

Driving in edwardstown I was driving 60 in the 1st lane, just minding my own business. This bloody idiot gets right up my backside flashing me!!!!! Watched him go in and out of both lanes with inches to spare. Now folks like these need banning. Bloody idiot!

Will remember his private number plate just in case. Never know when you're going to see him again!!!!

Guest the4hopes

Are there plenty of speed signs to remind you, or do you need to know what the speed is?

Guest lippy
    Are there plenty of speed signs to remind you, or do you need to know what the speed is?

blink and you will miss them! - but the camera won't miss you!!!

Laura ...basically the speed limit for Adelaide is 50kms unless signposted otherwise....so if you don't see a signpost with some other speed limit on it such as 60 (on main roads) or 40 (some councils have this in their residential streets) 25 (at schools,kindies,etc) keep to 50 kmsthen you will berfine.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    :idea:Got a great idea, DONT SPEED.....too easy

:GEEK:A great pearl of wisdom there Gra!

Guest Mezza
    ...yesterday got stopped at end of expressway was concentrating (tired) where limit changes down and got pulled in $310 and 3 points...

I stand to be corrected, but I thought that the the camera's couldn't be on a hill or bend? Was it the 80-70 section? - I suppose that's flatish, albeit with a slight bend...

The advice given by the "beat the fines" websites is to never admit to speeding when challenged (easier said than done in the heat of the moment) and to photograph where the camera was as many of the traps are illegally located.:mad:

I got stopped on the Main South Rd doing 117 in an 80. Oooops. head was in the clouds, sick child in the car. Blooming speedy shoved that laser machine right in my face and gave me a lecture about speed. Made sure I passed the attitude test tho LOL

Guest cazzie
    I stand to be corrected, but I thought that the the camera's couldn't be on a hill or bend? Was it the 80-70 section? - I suppose that's flatish, albeit with a slight bend...

The advice given by the "beat the fines" websites is to never admit to speeding when challenged (easier said than done in the heat of the moment) and to photograph where the camera was as many of the traps are illegally located.:mad:

Hi Mezza,

I was zapped by a laser gun on a very steep hill and had to pull over half way down the hill. Do your comments above for speed cameras also apply to laser guns, ie: is it wrong for them to be used on hills and is it also worth me taking a photograph? I am definitely going to contest the infringement notice as I am certain that I was not speeding. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Guest Mezza
    Hi Mezza,

I was zapped by a laser gun on a very steep hill and had to pull over half way down the hill. Do your comments above for speed cameras also apply to laser guns, ie: is it wrong for them to be used on hills and is it also worth me taking a photograph? I am definitely going to contest the infringement notice as I am certain that I was not speeding. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.speedingfineconsultants.com/

Happy reading:)