Guest dave&jacky

John Smith Smooth

Guest dave&jacky

Hi

Does anyone know if or where you can get Draught John Smith Smooth or any real ale or a pint of Best bitter:jiggy:in adelaide, i dont miss much from the UK but a good pint of real beer is one of them;).

Regards a thirsty Dave.

Guest mantis88

I'll be over soon and although i'll be happy never to see another pint of "smooth" I would like to think you might be able to pick up the odd bottle of London pride. Think i'd rather give up drinking than get used to the pi** water over there!

Guest Tina

try dan murphys, bought OH a pack of 4 the other week, cost about $18. he thoroughly enjoyed his treat.

Guest Mezza

You can get just about any beer from the bigger bottle shops (Dan Murphy's especially). If you're used to supermarket prices for your tinnies, be prepared for a shock - a slab of stubbies (usually 24 @ 375ml) will be in the region of $35-60 depending on what it is you're drinking.

Don't be worried about Fosters - there's plenty of alternatives. Coopers (one of the local brewers) makes a good range from Lagers, Ales even dark beers and a stout. Tooheys also make some good run of the mill beers. You can pick up some nice beer like Little Creatures and James Squires in the bottlo's too

Importantly, Coopers also make brew kits. The Coopers Bitter is a pretty good substitute for a John Smiths. But if nothing but the real thing will do, there are various home brew shops and micro-breweries dotted around that will give you all the stuff to brew something even closer;)

Guest Django

I went into Dan Murphys for the first time a few days ago and was dead pleased to find bottles of Guinness, Fullers ESB and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout on the shelves. Not cheap I'll grant you but as a treat now and again fabby.;)

Pete

try dan murphys, bought OH a pack of 4 the other week, cost about $18. he thoroughly enjoyed his treat.

How much!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that's going to be a rare treat at that price.

Local beer is top notch and Coopers have plenty of variety.

I went into Dan Murphys for the first time a few days ago and was dead pleased to find bottles of Guinness, Fullers ESB and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout on the shelves. Not cheap I'll grant you but as a treat now and again fabby.;)

Pete

Oh this is good news. It is sooooo difficult to find a good beer in Adelaide. Coopers and Crown and bearable but just don't hit the spot:/