Can I use my laptop for internet?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

I just wondered if I can use my laptop for the internet, ie wi fi, and how could I connect to it?

Are there many handy internet cafes and libraries? We will be in West beach for 6 weeks.

Laura x

Hi Laura,

McD's in the marion has a wifi set-up.....buy a burger.....free for 30 mins!

just switch on your wifi on the laptop, enter the code you get with the receipt, bobs the lodger..

Also some libraries have free internet access.......maybe some lovely person will steer you in the right direction!:)

All this from a girl who only just figured out the t'interweb!!

Also, you may be able to "hack" into unsecured connections; but that's not scrictly very nice!!! I would NEVER do that myself.........:goofy:

Jane

Guest katsmajic

If you join the local library you can use their wifi for free, its really handy for when you first arrive.

Noarlunga library is fab, they let me plug our laptop into their power supply, surf for jobs/houses etc whilst the kids played with the toys or read books.

Also their wifi is 24hrs so if you need something out of hours you can sit outside etc, sounds very sad but it is actually quite common...

Also you can use other librarys in their catchment, we used seaford and didnt look quite so sad out of hours as you can sit in your car :biglaugh:

Hi Laura,

when you get settled join your local library. Most have wifi so you can take your laptop to the library and have so many hours use per day. Most libraries will have desktops aswell but you can usually only book these comps for a half hour or hour. City of Charles Sturt > Libraries > Library Branches . Try this for libraries near your rental

With the weather warming it up, West Beach will be a nice introduction to here for you.