Starting Again

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi everyone,

Well just when i thought we were getting somewhere were back to square one. Was sat browsing through the site when i saw a thread saying some of the jobs had been taken of the list. When i clicked on to the site didn't dare look and yes it was no where to be seen, Tom's job had come of the list days before the State Sponser Application had been submitted.

Luckily our agent informed us that we could start again and apply with me as the main applicant sill on a 475. We are just grateful the door hadn't closed and we still had a chance. However i was having a look on the job sites and i am a Community Worker although from what i can see there doesn't appear to be many jobs. Well if there is they aren't advertised and i was wondering if anyone out there new if there was any work for Community Workers in Adelaide? not with the elderly more challenging behaviour/learning disabilities if possible. It's just i found it strange that SA are sponsering them yet i struggled to find jobs on the sites. I have all my NVQ's in care also a BTEC in Social Care and a Degree. If anyone knows of any companies or websites i would be most grateful.

Thanks Jo and Tom

Guest Nick11

Can't help you about the job. However either of you can fulfil the visa requirement of working full time for a year in any job you like.

I was the main visa holder but couldn't get a teaching job for love nor money. My hubby, whose job isn't on any list anywhere has had 5 job offers and now earns more than I would as a full time teacher. Go figure!

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Nick,

Didn't realise that, actually thought because i was going as the main applicant it had to be me that worked for the full year without a gap, and the few jobs i have seen in my field all seem to be temp or part time. There does appear to be loads of Property Manager jobs, whether that will change by the time we get there who knows but it does take the pressure of.

Thanks Jo