Guest ade&emma

Swimming with dolphins

Guest ade&emma

Hi everyone;

Just got back from a fantastic day out swimming with dolphins and had to let everyone know. Went with Temptation Cruises. Got picked up at Glenelg marina at 7.30 in the morning and went out for 3.5 hours. It cost $96 each but was worth every penny. The guy's on the boat are really good; professionally but also very friendly. The boat travels along the shore down as far as Hallet Cove then out to sea stopping everytime there are dolphins spotted. We got in the water about 8 times and saw loads of dolphins and they come in really close. They also have 3 shark sheilds so totally safe. I would strongly recommed it as we had the best day out!!!Anyone interested can check out there web site www.dolphinboat.com.au

Emma and Ade

Guest caoimhe

Sounds fabulous but since watching 'Australia's 12 deadlyist creatures' my kids are terrifed of sharks, so don't know if I could convince them it would be safe :skeptical:

Guest ade&emma
    Sounds fabulous but since watching 'Australia's 12 deadlyist creatures' my kids are terrifed of sharks, so don't know if I could convince them it would be safe :skeptical:

It is really safe. They have 3 really strong shark sheilds trailing the boat which give out an electric puls. It makes a sharks muscles contract so keeps them from coming anywhere near the boat. You could go along and watch the dolphin's from the boat and not do the swim. Think that is $58.00 may be cheaper for little ones but not too sure.

Guest Guest75

Sounds a great trip!

We would have been near you on the water as you were returning.

Guest caoimhe
    It is really safe. They have 3 really strong shark sheilds trailing the boat which give out an electric puls. It makes a sharks muscles contract so keeps them from coming anywhere near the boat. You could go along and watch the dolphin's from the boat and not do the swim. Think that is $58.00 may be cheaper for little ones but not too sure.

I have no doubts it would be safe, but after that damn programme my 8 year old asked if we could get a pool without sharks and a house near a hospital in case he get bite by a red back:biglaugh:

Bless him we only thought the programme would be good for them to recognise the the creatures of harm:confused: