Guest ffi&dyl

booster seats?

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi,

I'm in the middle of getting my stuff ready for shipping, do we take our booster seats with us? (the ones with no back) does anyone know if they are legal in Adelaide.

Thanks,

Ffion.

Guest dale_jo@

I think they are legal from when a certain weight is met!!!

Everyone i know and they have children up to 5/6 have their children in a booster seat with a back as it supports them more !!!!

Hope this helps!!!

JO

Guest Django

Jack and Sophie are both in boosters. They also have harness adjusters so their seat belts sit correctly on them. The law states that suitable restraints should be used and that they are installed correctly. They don't seem to go into weights, ages, etc. This is all done by the seat manufacturer. All seats with their own harnesses also have an anchor point attached to the top of the seat which goes over the back seat and is secured to the floor.

Pete

Guest caoimhe
    Jack and Sophie are both in boosters. They also have harness adjusters so their seat belts sit correctly on them. The law states that suitable restraints should be used and that they are installed correctly. They don't seem to go into weights, ages, etc. This is all done by the seat manufacturer. All seats with their own harnesses also have an anchor point attached to the top of the seat which goes over the back seat and is secured to the floor.

Pete

So our normal run of the mill 'booster' seats from the UK would not be suitable--is that right?

The one's without a back? I mean

I would bring them for when you have visitors with children. car seat hire can work out expensive if you are here for over 2 weeks. I brought mine from the UK. Dont use them for my girls but have lent them out several times for those coming with kids

Karen

Guest Django
    So our normal run of the mill 'booster' seats from the UK would not be suitable--is that right?

The one's without a back? I mean

The ones with or without the backs are fine. The ones that are 'no good' are the ones for the little ones that have their own 5 point harnesses in as these need the anchor point.

Pete