Rachiegarlo

Christmas Nutcracker

If you are the sort of family who like to take their kids to Pantomimes at Christmas, then this might be for you. It's not a Pantomime as such, but it's not just dancing.

Nutcracker is put on by the Australian Classical Youth Ballet Company at the Festival Theatre in town. Evening performance on Sat 20 Dec, Matinee on 21 Dec. Tickets $30 adults, Children $16, but there is a family ticket 2A +2C $20 each person proceeds to Camp Quality. Buy tickets at http://www.bass.net.au/events/database/NUTCRACKER2008/

The ballet company has dancers from about 8 to 20 both male and female. The show lasts two hours with an interval of 20 mins. The show is aimed at young children upto about 10ish, but some older ones go aswell.

Format : Well known Children's story teller Brenton Whittle with the help of Bookworm(a puppet) sit at the side of the stage and narrate the story. They usually talk about the music and theatre things too before it gets underway. There are some really corny jokes thrown in. They narrate each part of the story which is then danced by the dancers. Usually after the show and sometimes before, the dancers who are the main characters mingle in the foyer to meet the children. There are a couple of dancers from The Australian Ballet in the production as guest dancers. The costumes are professional and it's a really good show and just before Christmas.

Guest Roo1

Thanks Rachel for that. I've just booked it as my Thomas is 6 the day after so it'll be a nice treat for him and a friend.

Might see you there (booked for the 21st) :cute:

Judi x

Yep I'll be there on 21st, cos I have to pick daughter up after. Look out for a red haired parent in the party scene, a red haired flower and a redhaired snowflake, she belongs to me.:cute: