A year in and I miss the Poms

Guest LynziC

Hi all, just signed up today, great to be amongst fellow british :)

Been in Adelaide a year (married my aussie hubby a year ago) Love Australia but miss my pommy friends and family :(

Love to catch up with anyone wanting to reminisce about curries, corras and the cold!

Lynz xxx (27)

Hi Lynzi

Not entirely sure whether I should welcome you, or you me since I've only been here a few months!

TC

Well welcome to you too then! hope all is going well :)

Hi all, just signed up today, great to be amongst fellow british :)

Been in Adelaide a year (married my aussie hubby a year ago) Love Australia but miss my pommy friends and family :(

Love to catch up with anyone wanting to reminisce about curries, corras and the cold!

Lynz xxx (27)

Hi Lynz

Welcome to the site. A load of new pommies and any others are welcome to a meet up on 15 November at Henley beach. Check out a thread on this site that pops up regularly, cant quite remember its name ? Adelaide meet up ? or something.

Where's Sturt?

carole n andrew:)

Hi Lynz

Welcome to the site. A load of new pommies and any others are welcome to a meet up on 15 November at Henley beach. Check out a thread on this site that pops up regularly, cant quite remember its name ? Adelaide meet up ? or something.

Where's Sturt?

carole n andrew:)

Hi guys, thanks for that I'll have a look out for it.

Sturt is just down the road near marion shopping centre :v_SPIN:

Lynz x

Hi,

Just seen your thread about the meet up at Henley Beach on the 15th Nov. We would love to come and meet some other poms if thats ok. We are living up in Gawler at the moment with our Brother in law but hope to move around the Henley area by that time so if we do we would love to come.

Where abouts are you meeting up and what time etc. Thanks Jo and Jez from Manchester.

:pAnd there was most of us trying our hardest to meet aussies, there are pomms everywhere....lol..!!

Hey it's a weird thing, I was determined to meet aussies when I first went backpacking (met only poms, irish and japanese!)

Then when i moved here and started working i rarely see other poms, and after my family aussie bbqs where they tease you about the cricket, weather etc, it's actually good to chat to the british!

I work at a printers and answer the phone alot and it only takes someone on the other end to go 'are you from the uk?' 'yes' "i'm also from the uk' and blah blah blah i go chatting about the mother country....

Lynz x

Hey,

Welcome to PIA....

Always good to have someone been here for a while for the inside info!!

I see your only in Sturt...not far from us!

Dan

Thanks for the welcome, can't believe i never found this site earlier - what a great cure for homesickness!!

Well I must say after a year the words g'day, arvo, snags and bottle-o have successfully been intergrated into my vocab, the rest of me is still quite british although i now hate even tiny queues and realise there is never any point being early for anything in oz! :)

Lynz x