Take our dogs to Heathrow tomorrow.

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

We now have under a week left and seem to be nowhere near ready!

Pace and Megan our two adorable dogs fly tomorrow, we have to take them to the vets for 11am and then we've got them back until 4.30pm at which time we have to take them back and say our good byes. This is not easy I can tell you!! Can't wait to get them back on 17th Nov, at which time we will treat them both to a whole day out and about, to make up for it. Will they ever forgive us?

Martin

Guest Martin and Val

Just thought I would add an update about our dogs journey and hope that anybody about to go through the same find this information helpful.

We had to have them to Air Pets Kennels by 11am for their vet checks. Once this was done and all was OK we had a great day with the two of them in London. Just down the road from Air Pets British Airways have built a conservation Park and it has really nice walks and we couldn't believe how close it was to Heathrow.

Anyway we finally said good bye them at 4.45 back at Air Pets prior to them being taken to Heathrow at 5 O'clock for their onward trip.

They left Heathrow on board Qantas flight QF10 at 10.40pm, they arrived at Singapore at 10.45 this morning and finally left for the last leg at 1.35pm this afternoon. Only 3/4 of an hour late so they are due into Melbourne at 9.30pm tonight.

For those shipping their pets over, you will understand the worry and concern that we have been going through! So we found that tracking the flights over the Internet was a great way of putting our minds at rest.

We used http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/flight_radar/ which was a great way of seeing where the flight was at any given time.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/flight_information/arrival_departure/?__locale=en#_test was good for finding out if it had landed and when it took off again and then http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/fids/fidsResults.asp?SearchTerm=QF&SearchType=International+Arrivals&whichSP=OnlineArr&x=13&y=12

to watch the progress on time into Melbourne, which we are still monitoring now.

Really missing them but knowing that they are nearly there is a great relief.

Good luck to anybody else going through it.

Martin

Hi Martin, I'm sure your dog will get to Australia safe and well, I know its one of the things we are dreading saying goodbye to our two dogs, they have never been in Kennels before so just hoping they cope with the journey without too much stress. Are you flying your dog from Melbourne to Adelaide after the spell in quarantine, if so who are you using? Thanks for the great sites so we can track their progress.

Jo x

Guest Martin and Val
Are you flying your dog from Melbourne to Adelaide after the spell in quarantine,

Jo x

Hi Jo

Yes we are using Jet Pets to bring them to us, but sorry can't remember what the price was now. But very reasonable.

Good luck with yours.

Martin

Good info for the dogs, we will be sending Hamish our black lab by air pets and can totally understand how hard it is going to be. He is like our 3rd baby and has never been in kennels, although there must be millions of other dogs that do this and when they are running around on the beach on the other side they will be happy!!

Or will he just be panting in the shade for the rest of his life????? Black isnt the best in the sun poor thing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Martin and Val

We thought we would add an update, unfortunately we have to tell you all that Pace our Boxer died in Melbourne Veterinary Hospital the day we left England.

We wish we could turn the clock back now!

We feel that we owe it to him now to make a success of this.

Good luck and take care.

Martin and Val

Guest The Wise Family

Hi Martin & Val

I am so sorry to read your update. I cant imagine how you must be feeling. We have left our precious labrador with family at the moment and plan to have her sent out to us when are more settled, hopefully for christmas. But she is 10 years old now and quite happy with the in-laws. Makes me wonder what is the best thing to do for her and not what is best for us. As if this emigrating process is not hard enough.

Hope you had a safe journey yourselves.

Gina

Guest LOOBYLOO

So sorry to hear your news.

We are waiting for the import permit for our little sausage dog.....I am already worried about how she will cope. I feel selfish for putting her through this but I couldn't leave her behind.

Hi Martin and Val so sorry to hear that you lost Pace your beloved Boxer, you must be gutted. Hope all is well with your other dog. I am so worried about Tia my older dog, even though she will only be 5when we come over she has a heart murmur and dont know how she will handle the stress, but I could not leave her behind. Take care and our thoughts are with you.

Jo x

Martin and Val,

Just read the post about your dog - I am so sorry to hear that, it must be so distressing. I haven't had a dog so can only imagine how you must be feeling. You can't turn the clock back, but you can look forward to enjoying your adventure. Keep your chin up guys. Hope you are ok.

Hi Martin & Val, I am so sorry to hear your sad news about Pace. You must be heartbroken. Hope everything is okay with your other dog and he/she settles well.

We have a large dog which we would want to bring with us and are aware of the trauma that the long flight and travel may cause, but you know that you don't want to leave them behind because they are part of the family. Good luck with settling and hope everything goes well. Keep us posted. Our thoughts are with you.

Alison x