Guest graandjac

WoW......$21,000

Guest graandjac
    :biglaugh::jiggy:Great news today, the government announced that the first time buyes grant is to TREBLE to a whopping $21,000 for new builds, great news for perm visa holders, effective from today(?) i think and valid for mortgage applications up untill 30th June 09

:biglaugh::jiggy:Great news today, the government announced that the first time buyes grant is to TREBLE to a whopping $21,000 for new builds, great news for perm visa holders, effective from today(?) i think and valid for mortgage applications up untill 30th June 09

Thats good, may be able to buy some shoes to go shopping in now then!;):biglaugh:

thats fantastic news. :jiggy:we may be able to get that dream house yet with falling interest rates n'all :biglaugh:

its not april 1st is it.

kath x

thats very good news but im waiting for the houses to drop in price and they will soon just like everywhere else in the world australia will follow thats when i buy my home

alex

Guest bev_stef

Thats great news, but unfortunately if we get there in time, we'll still be on the temp visa, ohh!!

Bev

Guest rockpool crab

Sigh..it's great news for the perm residence..and good on em.. but it's yet another reason I think "why am I bothering". The 475 visa is such a hard one to start off on ...no help what so ever for two years.

I'm going through a "I'm not sure if this is the right thing" mood just recently ..especially with the houses not shifting.

great news for you guys though.

Carol Ann

Guest natdan

Do you know what help the govt gives to us on a pr 136 visa if we are to buy, has a first time buyer in Adelaide but not a new build. Is there any incentives or grants etc, out there.

We are hoping to buy when we arrive , and get a mortgage [ GOD I HATE THAT WORD !! ]

Any help, advice would be apppreciated , THANKS in advance . :)

Louise n Wayne

Do you know what help the govt gives to us on a pr 136 visa if we are to buy, has a first time buyer in Adelaide but not a new build. Is there any incentives or grants etc, out there.

We are hoping to buy when we arrive , and get a mortgage [ GOD I HATE THAT WORD !! ]

Any help, advice would be apppreciated , THANKS in advance . :)

Louise n Wayne

A 136 visa is a perm visa so you are entitled to assistance with grants etc

Guest natdan
    A 136 visa is a perm visa so you are entitled to assistance with grants etc

Thanks , but what are we entitled too, we are hoping to buy a resale when we have decided on a area, also do you have any info advice on using Moneycorp to transfer money, they seem to be offering the best rates etc , is there some sort of catch.

Thanks in advance . :)

Louise n Wayne

Guest soggy
    Thanks , but what are we entitled too, we are hoping to buy a resale when we have decided on a area, also do you have any info advice on using Moneycorp to transfer money, they seem to be offering the best rates etc , is there some sort of catch.

Thanks in advance . :)

Louise n Wayne

Hi,

I think it is $14000 if you buy an existing house and $21000 if you buy a new build.

simon

Guest graandjac
    thats very good news but im waiting for the houses to drop in price and they will soon just like everywhere else in the world australia will follow thats when i buy my home

alex

I wouldn't be so sure they will...!!!, thats why the government has just introduced all these measures to stove of the recession everywhere else is feeling, and with all the building thats going on in Adelaide and the looming mining boom,and the deffence boom in the next 5 years . I read this week that Australia has the 2nd strongest banking system in the world at the moment...??.