Guest Tracijbc

Shopping!

Guest Tracijbc

Hey!

This might be REALLY old news, as I don't come on here as often as I used to, but the Arcadia Group have now started delivering to Australia. For the uninitiated, that means we can shop at Evans, Top Shop, Miss Selfridge, Burtons, Top Man, Dorothy Perkins and Outfit online and they only charge 7.50 UK pounds (sorry, no pound sign on this damn Aussie keyboard!) delivery, so not too bad eh?

Just thought I would pass it along, as a lot of people living here seem fed up with the Aussie shopping.....

Righto, back to work :)

Traci xx

Damn, just when the Aussie Dollar has weakened too!

And I'm not sure I know my size for Dotty Pee jeans any more :unsure:....

Guest graandjac

:err:why woud anyone want to move to the otherside of the world to live and then shop in the uk....????, baffles me

Guest Tracijbc
    :err:why woud anyone want to move to the otherside of the world to live and then shop in the uk....????, baffles me

Weeeellll.....so many people on here have complained about the quality and variety of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc and yearned for a UK High Street shopping experience, that I decided to pass this on.....don't shoot the messenger eh? Also, for the fuller of figure, being able to shop in Evans is a definite bonus as the plus size clothes here are either rubbish, fit only for the over 60's or damn expensive - just my own personal experience, again, don't jump all over me for saying that, I can only speak from my experiences!! :huh:

Guest graandjac
    Weeeellll.....so many people on here have complained about the quality and variety of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc and yearned for a UK High Street shopping experience, that I decided to pass this on.....don't shoot the messenger eh? Also, for the fuller of figure, being able to shop in Evans is a definite bonus as the plus size clothes here are either rubbish, fit only for the over 60's or damn expensive - just my own personal experience, again, don't jump all over me for saying that, I can only speak from my experiences!! :huh:

:pNot jumping on you traci.........but i think you know where iam comming from..!!!!

Guest Tracijbc
    :pNot jumping on you traci.........but i think you know where iam comming from..!!!!

Yep, I do understand, we moved here to be able (amongst many other things), to shop in smaller shops, away from a High Street that looked like every other in the UK, but I was kind of responding to posts I had read from others saying how they were unhappy with the quality and variety of clothes here.

I guess that it's personal preference, but in my experience, as I mentioned previously, the clothing for us ladies of fuller proportions are either really expensive (e.g. 2 pairs of denim cropped trousers and 2 cotton tops cost me recently $365), really bad quality or are the kind of thing only my Nan would wear.

Didn't want to start a big UK versus Australia debate with this post, and I do get what you are saying, honestly, I was just imparting information to give people other options when shopping for clothes (both men and women).

Cheers

T xx :wubclub:

Guest Tina

thanks traci for that info, i will not go there too often but like you said...... the "average" sizes in the shops can be a bit hard to find sometimes, so an annual look/ purchase maybe not too bad. i had a quick look yesterday and did an example order and for 4 t'shirts & 2 bikinis would have come to just short of $100 so i didnt find this that bad, especially as i am finding swimwear a little pricey so far, the places i have looked anyway. i paid $30 for a bikini out of Big W last night and from Dotty p's there was one for 6 pound.

swimwear could be purchased pretty cheap in the uk i expect this summer.... he! he!

Guest katieb

That's great news Tracy thanks for letting everyone know. As a 'short bird' I find it difficult to find petite length clothes here like they do at dotty p's, so will be putting in an order.

All we need now is M & S and Next to follow suit :)

Katie