I'm so gutted!!!!

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi all

Bad news yesterday.... the buyer for the house pulled out:arghh: Can't believe it, just wasted 8 weeks under offer, meant to be moving out next fri, if i could get my hands on her:mad:. So all the plans to move over in Jan out the window. unless we can get a quick buyer:biglaugh: (what a joke).

I'm feeling so sorry for myself, i need all you lovely people on here to keep my chin up:notworthy:

cara.... not so happy feet

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi Cara,

We are in a similar position - Andrew's cousin wanted to buy our house, we didn't put it on the market, and said we would move out early and live in our static caravan for a few months - however, she has just found out that she is expecting and can't afford it so we are back to square one and are going to have to now put it on the open market - God only knows how long it will take to sell now!

Anyway keep your chin up and fingers crossed - hopefully it will happen for us all soon.

Sharron x

Guest vikkiann

I'm so sorry.

I can't imagine how you are feeling.

Hopefully somebody else will come along who has the balls to go through with a sale. People should be fined for wasting time especially in todays market.

Vikki

Guest happy feet

thanks sharron and vikki,

Sorry sharron that things not happening for you also it's a nightmare....

Never felt so stressed!!! Good luck with yourhouse sale vikki

cara

Guest vikkiann

Thank you, we exchange tomorrow.

Having said that we had a useless estate agent working for us at the beginning which cost us £50,000 in the change in the market.

The right person will come along, i hope.

Good luck.

Vikki

Stress, stress I certainly know the meaning of the word, we are on our secound buyer our first was May 2 days after we put the house on the market we had our first viewer a newly divorcie, down sizing from a large manor, went right through sale until we got to exchanging contracts and she pulled out reason (problems with survey) which we got checked out and found to be rubbish, house went back on market and on 10th July we got our secound offer after much hesitation excepted an offer of less than £45,000 under the original asking price now our buyer has got to contract stage (by the way no problem with survey this time) he is making every excuse under the sun why he won't sign, so house is now back on the market estate agent trying to get us to drop another £20,000, we are also advertising to let the property, and we fly out in 2 and a bit weeks. To add to our misery houses that were put on the market last christmas at £300 000 are now £200 000, this is just to show the volume of the UK problem, we live in a popular sea-side resort with the sailing olympics coming to town in 2012, the whole town is being regenerated for this, I know its not just this country but what a gigantic mess.

Julie

Cara, sorry to hear the news about the house, is renting an option for you? We have only had one genuine viewer and no offers so have decided to rent out, after end of november will take house off the market. Sooooo much stress for all those wanting to sell houses. Keep your chin up Cara, I'm a great believer in fate, something will turn up, but in the mean time open a nice bottle of white wine and put your feet up to destress. well that's my destressing tactics.

Good luck and take care.

Jox

Hi everyone! I hope it goes well for all of you. It's unfair we are all doing what we can to get a better furure and every way you turn it's more money or a great big obstacle. We have all took a gamble as none of really know until the visa's are granted. We have no option but to sell as we need equity which I'm gradually getting more and more concerned as without it we can't go anywhere! We have struggled to pay out what we have so far as Max has been in and out of work and being self employed which I know many on here are, it's not easy. Also Mom and Dad live in the annex and as much as I advertised that they can be included in the price I have had no takers LOL!!! They couldn't manage the house without us and much too big for 2 pensioners. So selling is the only option. The estate agent wants us to drop the price in a couple of weeks and it's only been up for sale 3 weeks. Got no chance. It's a catch 22 because we want to sell but at the same time the whole idea is to have equity to make the move. If we reduce too much it wasn't worth it in the first place. AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Guest familygood

I sympathise with all of you. We are at contract exhange stage tomorrow. House has been on the market since January and have dropped £65k off the price in that time!! Its a nightmare.. Useless estate agents and totally misleading survets. Have had three buyers now. Hopefully it will work out this time round. Our equity has been reduced to the stage that we have just enough to come over and live for a couple of months. We thought we would be nearly able to buy a house outright this time last year!! What a joke!!!!!

Best of luck everyone.

Its a nightmare isn't it, our house has dropped over 40k in 3months and we are now so close to our mortgage that we cant even rent it out!! So frustrating. We, like a lot of people will be starting from scratch in Aus whereas we could have been well on our way to a much more comfortable life.

Just keep telling ourselves its out of our control and atleast we can go.

Atleast it can't get any worse???!!

Hey cara,

Rent your house out, the rumour has it that the market will soar next spring, that way you keep all your equity and you'll have a long time here to see if you love it.

We rented ours out and at first didn't think it was the right thing to do. Now i have changed my mind defo a good thing.

It takes a good year to get or even feel settled, im hopefully gonna rent for another year until I get a closer value for mine.

i just realised Im rambling advice that you didn't ask for. Sorry.

Lauraxxxx

Hi all

Bad news yesterday.... the buyer for the house pulled out:arghh: Can't believe it, just wasted 8 weeks under offer, meant to be moving out next fri, if i could get my hands on her:mad:. So all the plans to move over in Jan out the window. unless we can get a quick buyer:biglaugh: (what a joke).

I'm feeling so sorry for myself, i need all you lovely people on here to keep my chin up:notworthy:

cara.... not so happy feet

Guest happy feet

thanks all for your support.. may think about renting, not sure if we can really aford tooo but we will look into it.

Off out to-night with the girls, chinese and lots of wine to drown my sorrows then pick myself up tom (with a sore head) and start over again..

thanks again

love to meet you all on the other side

cara xxx