job offer prior to relocating

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

Just interested to know how many of us have the security of job offers (apart from nurses who appear to be in demand)

I would seriously consider not coming unless i have a firm job offer and even then i have to have a practical audit/supervision to prove that i am confident before i can register as a full and recognised allied health practioner.

Doesn't seem to be hardly any jobs in Adelaide so I am considering looking elsewhere unless things pick up.

On the plus side I have been granted a career break for a year form work so at least I can come back to a well paid job!!

My OH is struggling to find engineer

ing jobs yet when you look on job sites there are hundreds of them advertised!

:v_SPIN::nah:

Just interested to know how many of us have the security of job offers (apart from nurses who appear to be in demand)

I would seriously consider not coming unless i have a firm job offer and even then i have to have a practical audit/supervision to prove that i am confident before i can register as a full and recognised allied health practioner.

Doesn't seem to be hardly any jobs in Adelaide so I am considering looking elsewhere unless things pick up.

On the plus side I have been granted a career break for a year form work so at least I can come back to a well paid job!!

My OH is struggling to find engineer

ing jobs yet when you look on job sites there are hundreds of them advertised!

:v_SPIN::nah:

Max is going out as a builder. We have been gathering info though of where the building is and we also have my Godmother out there who gives us an update. We have a few people to contact but whether work comes from it I don't know. Thing is it is so bad in the building trade it can't be any worse out there than it is here. He has got work now but has been unemployed for weeks and he didn't qualify for any benefits as he is self empployed(we won't elaberate as we have STRONG views on this & I may get into trouble!!!). Most companies we deal with eg the council, Electric suppliers and Gas and Mortgage are in so much mess themselves that they have shown NO compassion to the current problems in this country. Therefore to sell up get out and start a new life can't happen quick enough. My job definately not in demand but to be honest I'd like to do something else it's a thankless unapreciated occupation.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Deborah, I bet most of us are worried about finding work !, Ive been with same company 24 years so it scares the pants off me , but I am at that age and thought balls go for it . Ive said I would clean pools ect if thats all i can get . I am in contact with a couple of ex work mates and they seem to go from one job to another who's ever paying the most ? That does not bother me I just want to get my family settled and earn enough to live , like most?. I think your doubts are natural , one question why would you not want to try ????? .