our visit

Guest rowy

Just back from a brilliant two weeks in Adelaide! Just wanted to share a few things. Its a lovely, friendly city, with lots of gorgeous beaches, play grounds and malls. Everyone wanted us to come back and stay for good, and they seemed to mean it. Adapting to life was easy and we just fitted in. Highlights were Mount Lofty, Victor Harbour and the drive there, Cleland and the Gorge, the Zoo, the shops, the beaches, the Tim Tams!! Also had a fab meal with two special Midwives Renny and Lindsey, and their families, who I have become friends with through this site. Had a look at the Hospitals for my own career and was stunned at the facilities. Malaysian Airlines were amazing they really catered for our toddler, with her own meals, served well before ours, or heated up at a time that suited her. Back in work tomorrow and really depressed. Just look forward to making my next visit permanent :)

Guest Sharon and Paul

hi , I am glad you had a good time, we are coming out in march to vailidate our visa's have a good look around . Ive looked at a lot of posts everyone is pissed off at trying to sell there houses , and the exchange rate is very good at the moment as well. I wish i had a crystal ball for everyone , but i suppose what s ment to be is? anyway thanks for the post ATB Paul

no just to get an idea of prices for when we will be holed up in London for a week.....going for an apartment rather than hotel, so need supplies. Plus my daughters said junk food is so cheap there.Their nan gave them a pound each to go to the shops...they thought she was being stingy.....bu were surprised to see how much choc and sweets they could buy, cos you know...you wouldn't get much for $2 here.

no just to get an idea of prices for when we will be holed up in London for a week.....going for an apartment rather than hotel, so need supplies. Plus my daughters said junk food is so cheap there.Their nan gave them a pound each to go to the shops...they thought she was being stingy.....bu were surprised to see how much choc and sweets they could buy, cos you know...you wouldn't get much for $2 here.

When we were in the UK, my kids used to have "sweetie day" on a Friday when I picked them up from school - they got a pound to spend and could choose to spend it or save it. When we got here we changed that to $2 on a Friday afternoon, but I had to stop it because they were getting so many sweets for that amount from our local deli that if they stuffed them all that day, they'd have been sick! So it just depends where you shop.....!