Sign in to follow this  
Guest sam2500

Length of time on 457 Visa

Guest sam2500

Hi all,

Granted our 457 visa today, Yippee!:)

Now the panic begins to get everything sorted!

Just one question, for anyone else on 457 visa, ours only valid by the looks of it for 2 years from today.

Can't get a reply from Australian Migration agent at the mo, but thought you had up to 4 years on this visa.?

Thanks,

Sue David and Sam

Guest vikkiann

Sue

I can't answer your question regarding the time on your visa but i just wanted to say congratulations on getting it.

Vikki

Guest ReadyPenny

CONGRATULATIONS!! May your new life begin.

Good luck with it all and am dead jealous that you have your "golden ticket" LOL

Enjoy

Mandy

Guest sam2500

Thank you for your replies and best wishes,

Its weird when it actually happens, all the waiting and worrying, and i had a big worry with meds, and then i didnt need one, just x-ray, although have been 100% honest.

But it feel like its happening to someone else.

Just now don't know where to start with everything!

Was busy last night organising a Christmas do for mum's at my son's school, so now a double celebration!

Only just down the lancs from you I think Mandy ( apparently the main area for people wanting to emigrate are manchester and Liverpool ), so we won't be lonely!

Thanks again.

Think we may have some bubbly tonight !!

Sue, David, Sam

Guest colinjez

Hiya

first of all huge congratulations on your visa:)..we have just had our xrays finalised and awaiting the visa being granted.

If it is a 457 visa you have been granted then it is from the date of issue, so if you have a 2 year visa then it actually does start form the day you get it granted , thats what we have been told anyway. Its because its only a temp visa . Its the 175 permanent visa where you get up to 4 years to move over permanentley.

Has your sponsor told you when they need you out there by? We have to be there by 17th November for hubby to start his new job.

Where abouts are you moving to?

Keep us posted how you get on

Guest Natalie

Hi

we are here on a 457 visa. It does start from date issued but ours is for 4 years. Not sure if you specify in all the paper work as my husbands company sorted it all out for us. So maybe it does have something to do with your sponsor.

Sorry can not be more help but congrats.