Guest vikkiann

Which Westpac Branch?

Guest vikkiann

We have decided to open an account with Westpac, which branch in Adelaide do you recommend opening it with?

Thanks in advance.

Vikki

Guest soggy
    We have decided to open an account with Westpac, which branch in Adelaide do you recommend opening it with?

Thanks in advance.

Vikki

Hi,

the branch near where you are going to live or maybe work would be best, i have accounts at the central market branch in the city and find all the staff very helpful.

simon

Guest isandev

Hi Vikki,

When you open online they automatically open your account with Gouger st in the city. A bit of a pain when you go in with all your documents, it does take a while. You can then use wherever, we use Glenelg near us really helpful and i dont think i would go back to city one as they were not. Online and telephone is also easy to set up, you do this with the initial appointment. Hope this helps, i think westpac are good.

Fi x

i opened mine in mawson lakes the girls there are very helpfull my accounts took 15 mins to be opened but look where your going to be living and do a google search for closest branch and go from there

alex

Guest alieninoz

I don’t think it matters much, we opened one online and we were meant to go to Gouger St but we went passed a branch in Grenfell St one day and just popped in and they sorted it out for us, mind you I was carrying all our paper work around with us for the first few weeks as almost anything we did we had to show ID or meet the 100 points ID thing.

The wife was even asked to show some kind of id just to post a letter to the UK? They said it was to do with terrorism, so I guess terrorists don’t have passports etc :skeptical:

Guest alieninoz
    No it's so they can trace who sent the letter, that is why you have to show ID.

:err: I know...

Guest graandjac

:arghh:Dont bother with the Seaford branch it shuts at 4.30 and i always get there at 4.31

Guest covfan71

judging by the number of time it's mentioned, is Westpac one of the main banks to use in Adelaide??

Guest tooeasy

we used anz and always found them really friendly we opend it at seaford branch and they open till 5.30 :)

Westpac offer a migrant service whcih means you can have your account open before you arrive and get all of the online banking working whilst still in the UK.

If you have a job offer, you can also apply for a credit card before you arrive.

On arrival, you just do your 100pts check and pick-up your cards. Very helpful