Sign in to follow this  
Guest brandyslad

Welders>>>

Guest brandyslad

Hi can anyone advise if there any many welder jobs out in Adelaide? See a few people have posted and wondering how anyone has got on. Hoping to head over from Ireland on a 475 and my OH is a welder.

Guest xhaylesx

Hey there,

DH is also from Ireland and is also a welder. We have been here since 30th June and there is certainly no shortage of welding jobs! Most tend to be up in the north east suburbs (wingfield).

Guest brandyslad
    Hey there,

DH is also from Ireland and is also a welder. We have been here since 30th June and there is certainly no shortage of welding jobs! Most tend to be up in the north east suburbs (wingfield).

Thanks for that, relief to hear it. How has your OH found the conditions in the welding workshops? Similar to Ireland? Is he a MIG welder?

Guest xhaylesx

yup he is First Class Mig. He hasnt complained about the conditions, so I gather they are okay, im sure I would have heard if they werent! he had been welding in England for the past 8 years.

I love his new job as he is home at lunch time on a Friday and 4 in the week. In England he wasnt home till gone 8. :arghh:

He doesnt think he will stay in the job he is in now but he doesnt mind it, he has had a fair few job offers but they are all for the big guys up north, we are in the South.

If you will be looking up north Samaras are always looking for people as are Biancos.

Guest Kazzarazza
    Hey there,

Just wanted to make a small comment, if no-one minds, but Wingfield is not North East suburbs - it's more north-west. It's very easy to get to from the north western suburbs (Le Fevre Peninsula) if you were hoping to live close to the beach. There are lovely suburbs such as West Lakes, West Lakes Shore, Semaphore Park, Largs Bay, North Haven, etc which are close to the beach, boating lake, shopping, football, golf courses, cinema, lakeside cafes, good schools, etc. The travelling time from West Lakes Shore to Regency Park or Wingfield area is only 15 to 20 minutes, traffic is much less in the north-western suburbs, and since the opening of the new Port River Bridge linking up with the Port Expressway, driving is an absolute breeze.

Guest brandyslad

Thanks for this! My OH has been welding for 8 years as well. Great to get first hand info!

Guest the staffords

ive been working in wingfield for the past 3 years and travel up from morphett vale...37 k...50 mins on a good day...im a boilermaker(plater in uk)..yes,samaras are always after people??but why??

i have found it totally different for our trade(welding etc)....ive been so impressed by the aussie apprenticeships(?)...very skilled...but at the moment there seems plenty of work about for welders.

the good news is,i start my new job in lonsdale(2k)on monday!!...seems to be more wages up wingfield,port,etc...but whats money!!!

Guest Mick and Helen

congrats Paul on your new job you will be able to get the tea on a lot quicker now and have more time to do the hoovering, b4 Paula gets back.

Helen

Guest the staffords
    congrats Paul on your new job you will be able to get the tea on a lot quicker now and have more time to do the hoovering, b4 Paula gets back.

Helen

thanks helen...there goes my street cred...i dont do housework...like i say"you dont buy a dog,and bark yourself"....hope you dont get toooo much pain with your housemaids knee op on thursday xxxxx"cup of tea please mick"