Hi, newbie from Ireland alert!

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

Thought we better introudce oursleves. We are from Tyrone in Ireland.

Hoping to come out on a 475 to Adelaide next year. Just starting the process. I am hoping to work as a Community Worker and my OH is a welder. A bit wary of all the paper work and the big step but the info on this forum is great, good to hear from people already out there.

Welcome to PIA.

Don't worry about the paperwork. Thats what you pay the agent for.;)

Good luck with your journey. I can tell you for certain there will be highs and lows not only working towards your visa but also afterwards.

Pete

Guest the staffords
Hiya, and Welcome.

I am almost there, just 5 weeks to go.

This forum has been great........loads of info, a real eye-opener sometimes. People are real helpfull, if somewhat familiar!!( but in a nice way):)

Good Luck, and buy shares in BIC!!

Jane

familiar!!???says the person who invited herself for xmas dinner!!!!;)

Guest the staffords
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:;

For the record, Mr, a minor misinterpretation is not familiarity! It's paranoia!

now i feel so bad!!im sorry!!!i really thought you were talkin about me!!???...

were you??...i bet you were werent you???..if you werent then please disregard the last bit...but i think you were...probably???maybe?:skeptical:

Guest caoimhe
Hi there,

Hoping to come out on a 475 to Adelaide next year. Just starting the process. I am hoping to work as a Community Worker and my OH is a welder. A bit wary of all the paper work and the big step but the info on this forum is great, good to hear from people already out there.

Hi, welcome to PIA

I have been off line for a while but noticed you are from Co Tyrone.

We are from Belfast and hoping to be in Adelaide next month.

Hope all goes well

Guest brandyslad

Hi, always good to hear from locals moving over. Have youse booked your flights? My OH got word today jobs are going in his place so we are sure we are doing the right thing but we have to rent our house out, it would never sell at the minute, but only a small place so we shouldn't have too much to put to the rent to cover the mortgage. Did you apply for the OAA? I see you have four boys, bet they are dead excited!! We don't have any kids, so I keep saying to him we aren't haven't quite as much to worry about as everyone else!!

Hi There

We are also heading over on 475 visa. We met up with some lovely and helpful people from this forum at the weekend who, when I had doubts just helped me to keep going. :)

Good luck, Lisa

Hi

It took around 5/6 weeks. We had a right hoo ha with my academic transcript but I managed to get letter from uni and it was accepted. Our immigration agent been so helpful and keep us on top of what we need to do. Its hard as not many people are going on the 475 visa from what I can gather xx

Guest brandyslad
Hi

It took around 5/6 weeks. We had a right hoo ha with my academic transcript but I managed to get letter from uni and it was accepted. Our immigration agent been so helpful and keep us on top of what we need to do. Its hard as not many people are going on the 475 visa from what I can gather xx

I have my degree cert and one year of my modules and marks from college but I need to get the other two years to show all my subjects. I was in touch with them today and they said it would be free and shouldn't be a problem to send out a transcript. If I can get proof of all three years modules and my degree cert is this enough?? Starting to worry now, don't want to get into a mess to start of with!

Guest shanaghy2oz
Hi there,

Hi brandyslad

Welcome onboard, we are from fermanagh and arrived here 24th september ,would you not try and get 175 on your husbands trade and have PR.

Tom.

Guest caoimhe
Hi, always good to hear from locals moving over. Have youse booked your flights? My OH got word today jobs are going in his place so we are sure we are doing the right thing but we have to rent our house out, it would never sell at the minute, but only a small place so we shouldn't have too much to put to the rent to cover the mortgage. Did you apply for the OAA? I see you have four boys, bet they are dead excited!! We don't have any kids, so I keep saying to him we aren't haven't quite as much to worry about as everyone else!!

Contracts are due to be signed on our house next week, but I will not book flights until they have, I am too afraid of something going wrong. I have family there so they are going to sort out accomadation.

There are a few of us from NI. Pesky Varmit, Bodie and Irish Kelie, so you are not alone.

Hope all goes well with the move

Guest countdown1975
Welcome to PIA.

Don't worry about the paperwork. Thats what you pay the agent for.;)

Good luck with your journey. I can tell you for certain there will be highs and lows not only working towards your visa but also afterwards.

Pete

Hey,

Nice to see more people from Ireland. I am originally from the UK but live in Laois and have been for nearly 5 years. We are going to Adelaide on a 176 visa - husband is a butcher and I work in Accounts Payable. This is a really great site and you learn so much on it - hope the process goes well for you both

Vicki :-)

Guest brandyslad

Thanks everybody, it is great to chat people who have been through the same thing. Have to sit down one of these days go through all the bills and make a list of things to do, YUK! Gonna get my app submitted to Vetassess and then fingers crossed no looking back.

Who did everybody get to certify your docs? A JP has said he would do mine, can I pop a printed label on saying his name, address, contact and his role and get him to sign above it? I want to make sure that is good and clear plus I don't want to waste his time, just want him to have to sign it as he was so civil on the phone!

Plus people in N.I, what way do our police checks work?

Guest caoimhe

Plus people in N.I, what way do our police checks work?

We got forms from PSNI and sent them to their head quarters in Belfast, they came back in 10 days. They were sent to mainland UK for police checks from there but we were never asked to submit them and got visa without them.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi brandyslad,

Welcome to PIA, just thought we'd say hi as we are going on a 475 and at the beginning of the process. We were a little bit further on than this untill OH job got taken of the list.

We are now going with me as the main applicant i am also a community worker and was waiting a while for my University Transcript. However we have just sent everything of to Vet for our skills ass so of we go again and feel lucky that both our jobs were on the list initially.

You will find this site to be really helpful and everyone to very friendly anyway good luck and let me know how you get on.

Jo and Tom:)

Guest brandyslad
Hi brandyslad,

Welcome to PIA, just thought we'd say hi as we are going on a 475 and at the beginning of the process. We were a little bit further on than this untill OH job got taken of the list.

We are now going with me as the main applicant i am also a community worker and was waiting a while for my University Transcript. However we have just sent everything of to Vet for our skills ass so of we go again and feel lucky that both our jobs were on the list initially.

You will find this site to be really helpful and everyone to very friendly anyway good luck and let me know how you get on.

Jo and Tom:)

Hi Jo,

Are you applying to both Vetasses and DIAC as a Community Worker? I ask as I have to apply to Vetasses as a Market Research Analyst as my degree is in Marketing however the last few years I have been working in the Community field so all my recent experience is as a Community Worker. It is preying on my mind applying for two different professions in case this is a problem even though both on are on the SOL list and SA's provisional sponsor list.

I had to get a letter from registrars office showing the 3 years of modules and works experience and that was accepted. It was such a relief. I now have to get references from past and present employers. So I got copies of job descrptions and got the HR departments to use these and they have been really helpful. For my current employer I can get stat declaration for now which I discovered I could do from this site.

In fact we sitting now and getting the state sponsor forms filled in :)

Lisa

Guest brandyslad

I went through the state sponsor form myself today to see what I would need. There are a couple of things I can bypass as I have never been to Aus before and don't have any relatives over there. But there is still a lot of work in it!

Its just getting the bank statements and valuation for house (still not on market as yet) to have sent off as well.

We have done lots of research on Adelaide and have been fortunate that we know few people from the area who have been great help

Guest brandyslad
Its just getting the bank statements and valuation for house (still not on market as yet) to have sent off as well.

We have done lots of research on Adelaide and have been fortunate that we know few people from the area who have been great help

Are you selling your house? We aren't even going to try, we are going to rent it out so I think on the form we don't have to declare any income from it as the rent will be a bit less than the mortgage anyway. How many months bank statements do they want??

Also do you know if for SA sponsorship do I need to provide evidence of our relationship? We are not married but have been living together for nearly 3 years.

Sorry for all the questions! Trying to make sure I am on top of all this!

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

Just emailed my State sponsership form to agent tonight finished it about ten mins ago, luckily he had all our bank statements from the last application so it will hopefully be submitted soon as.:)

Fingers crossed second time lucky, To answer your question i have applied through Vetasses only but have worked in community for about 8 yrs and degree is in social science.