Guest Trakki

driving on the beach

Guest Trakki

was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me. We are hoping if the weather is ok tomorrow to go to the beach for the day. We thought we would try silver sands as you can drive onto the beach which would make life easier with 4 kids. We were just looking about permits as although we have been told that you only need them at certain times of the year we thought we would check. All we can find is that it says you need one but not about when. Also as it is sunday tomorrow the offices are shut so does this mean we can't drive on? Bit confused, any advice appreciated

Thanks

Guest Guest75

Hiya Tracey

What you really need to do is to call into the Onkaparinga Council offices and ask for a beach pass - you need a form of proof that you live in the council area - such as electric bill / drivers license.

It's to be renewed annually.

Otherwise it's a $5 fee for access I thing - goes to local surf life saving I think.

Guest jen&ian

You can also drive onto the beach at Moana, it was free on friday when we went down after school, sure the fee will kick in soon though.

Jen

Sheesh it used to be free all the time,but I suppose as the Southern suburbs have grown, they need the money for upkeep. Used to be considered a day out to go to Silver Sands hiring your catamaran fromapetrolstation on the way down.