SIR to Permament - how many work hours?

minkyme29

Those who read the other yellow forum as well as this one might note that someone who has applied for the 887 with their spouse as secondary applicant has posted the details. Hope that reassures those still in any doubt.

]

Oh joy of joy - there are more of us out there.;)

2 ladies have got their visas with the secondary applicant becoming the primary applicant without a skill assessment ;)

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.

Good luck to everyone. You never know Fiona - your hubby may well now have the chance of becoming a beach bum;)

Beanbear - good luck with the job hunting. Might see you around some day;)

Nick

x

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greg and Karen

This post has caused huge panic in our house.

I am the secondary applicant and have found work in Adelaide, a good job too. My wife, the primary applicant, has just given birth and does not intend to work for a while.

We always understood that it didn't matter which if us found work, as long as one of us did.

If they deny us PR because I am not the primary applicant then I will go beserk. We have given up so much to be here.

This post has caused huge panic in our house.

I am the secondary applicant and have found work in Adelaide, a good job too. My wife, the primary applicant, has just given birth and does not intend to work for a while.

We always understood that it didn't matter which if us found work, as long as one of us did.

If they deny us PR because I am not the primary applicant then I will go beserk. We have given up so much to be here.

maybe we should all join together and form a group. It really does make me feel better knowing there are a lot of people out there in the same situation as us.:biglaugh:

Unfortuately, immigration don't care how much that you have given up, they see that you want to be here, and you made that free choice yourselves.

You have to meet their criteria and it doesn't much matter if the rules change halfway through or that it is the luck of the draw which case officer you get and how that particular officer interprets 'the rules'. Does seem to suck as a system at times!

With hindsight, I would have printed the relevant pages on the DIMIA website at the time of application which detailed the criteria for PR application, as they now appear to have changed for us, and I have no proof that they were ever different! So I would say get everything in writing and KEEP IT :unsure:, it just might help your case if you need it.

Rachel

(Not on this particular visa, but another one which has it's own problems at PR application time!)

Beanbear,

What really gets me....... is that you have the audacity to claim that the information you got was correct.........even if you don't believe me (I suppose you don't know me, so you can have some scope for that).

You acknowledge there has been conflicting advice given, but somehow you presume that the info you have been told is correct!!!!! AND go right ahead and advise other people that you've got it right!!!!!! unbelieveable

To Everyone else who may be reading this thread,

P.S. I'm not saying that my info is RIGHT, I'm telling you what I've been told by DIAC.......who knows, I MAY have been given incorrect info..............god knows one of us certainly has!!!!

P.P.S I have written to the DIAC to express my concern at being given conflicting advise on the 2 occasions I phoned, which she revised on questioning, on the second occasion....rest assured I will let you know how I go.

Fiona

Just wondered if you've got a response yet? Diac pledge to answer the complaint within 5 working days!!!

Surprise surprise I've not heard anything.:realmad:

Maybe they can't work out the answer either:realmad:

Guest stufi1997

Hi Nick,

I had a response asking me for further details about the calls I made, where I made the call from i.e landline or mobile, the state I was in at the time and the actual numbers I called.

I've written back with the case file number and they acknowledged my response again saying they would be in touch within 10 working days of their last email which was the 5th November.....I've been waiting for that before posting again.....hopefully the info I was given will be wrong, I'll definately let everyone know as soon as I get a response though.

The bonus of doing it this way is that there will be a written record of their response, to use in case they change their minds again....Regards Fiona

Did you try showing them the official letter that points out it's provisional and not really temporary? They shouldn't be able to discriminate against you. Might also be worth sending along proof of application for 887 if a job comes up that you really want.

Just thought I'd keep you updated on my side of things.

Due to receiving yet another rejection due to visa status I filled in a feedback (complaint) on this side of things. They must be working extra hours at the moment as had an e-mail yesterday (Sun) dated Sat 8th. It seems that an employer can reject your application if you have not actually received your pr even if it has been applied for. However due to departmental policy if an advert states Australian citizenship required and you are on pr but in the process of applying for citizenship then they can consider your application.

Think we're all really unlucky on this visa for so many different things :arghh:

Still I suppose at least we are here and did know some of these things before we came out (to my 495 buddies do you think that sounds fluffy and positive enough? I am trying to stay positive)!:biglaugh:

Guest stufi1997

Hi all,

Got a phonecall from a very apologetic immigration representative today and you'll be pleased to hear that I did indeed get incorrect information given to me on the phone....I asked for written confirmation fo the correct policy, but he wasn't too keen on giving me that, however I do have a number for him and he assures me that the staff in question will be corrected and won't be giving out this particular info again.........

So GREAT NEWS for everyone who this may have affected, I do apologise for any alarm that may have been caused but also remind any would be critics, don't shoot the messenger.

Cheers Fiona

Guest stufi1997

Hi Nick,

It does mean we have options......it takes the pressure of Stu and if he does get fed up of his boss and his psychopathic mood swings:arghh: he doesn't have to put up with it.........But at the moment no he's not getting the surf board just yet;). Cheers Fiona

Guest donna T

[Think we're all really unlucky on this visa for so many different things :arghh:

Still I suppose at least we are here and did know some of these things before we came out (to my 495 buddies do you think that sounds fluffy and positive enough? I am trying to stay positive)!:biglaugh:

Good try but you don't fool me for a second!:biglaugh:

Donna (yet another 495 sufferer) xx

Good try but you don't fool me for a second!

Donna (yet another 495 sufferer) xx

Well you can't blame me for trying eh? :biglaugh:

Think there are more of us on this no mans land visa than we think. I'd call it the poor mans visa although in the long run it probably costs us all more :arghh: Just think though when we get pr and then citizenship we will have earnt it more than those that come straight in on the easy route (only joking) I'm not bitter!!!!:P:biglaugh:

Still, life's full of ups and downs - some days I think just let me work pleeease and then another I think hey the sun's out glad I've not got to go to work and it's not my fault BIG LAUGH :-) (It wouldn't let me do another one)

Cathy x