mathijohn

Flights back to UK

Anyone know if you can book your flights out of Australia to UK from the UK as they are quite a bit cheaper on UK comparison sites.

Moira

I am pretty sure you can do this with Trailfinders, I'm sure I did when I lived there and that was only 5years ago.

Try giving them a bell

I don't think so, the way to get round it is if you are travelling reg is to 1 way it to UK and buy your return tickets there. However with the dollar going belly up against the US $ and the pound, it prob not as cheap if you buy using $AU.:sad:

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi, We actually tried to do this, in reverse, just last month for our daughter. We found, based on internet pricing, that it should have been cheaper for us to book in Adelaide for her to fly here, on the dates she wanted to travel. However the travel agent said that the airlines make an adjustment based on the exchange rates, etc, so the price would end up the same, under some comparable pricing policy they have. It was therefore only worth us booking for her if we specifically wanted to pay for her ticket.

We've already booked our flights to go back for a month next year in August. It's peak prices at this time but we managed to get a discount and ended up paying $2,600 each including taxes. We looked into trailfinders and other UK sites but they weren't any cheaper. Now I'm looking at getting travel insurance.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The reason for asking was that I noticed flights from UK return around £850. And out of Aus for $2700.

MOIRA

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

I still have a fully working bank account in the UK and my trusty M&S credit card.

Can you book flights from say BA or Singapore Airlines using UK bank accounts to get it cheaper?

On the little research I have done I found it cheaper to surf this way than trying to do it from Adelaide.

Just a thought, not sure if its possible, not looking to go back yet........

I am content surfing the M&S website and receiving M&S parcels from Mum - the slippers she sent have been promoted their own "shrine" in my bedroom. I can't bring myself to wear them just yet!!!

:biglaugh: