Sign in to follow this  
Guest alan smallman

Basset Hounds?

Guest alan smallman

Hi

:)

The missus doesn't know I'm writing this!!!! But.................................are Basset Hounds available in OZ? We have had two and lost our last one to cancer a couple of years ago. She thinks they're too big and smelly and vows never to have another one. the kids and I love the breed - they're so stubborn but just as funny (and sad looking). The wife wants a lap dog (thought that was me!!) and is adamant that she's gonna have a pug. "why do you want a dog who's face is identical to its bum" I've said to her..................................................still each to their own aye?

just thought I'd do a little 'discreet' research before we get over there (teehee).;)

Alan

Guest hrubieszowianka

Well, my OH also loves them and always said that when we have a house with a garden, then we'll have a dog (I'm more a cat person). So please tell me, that Basset Hounds are not available in Oz.

Guest Guest75

I'm sure I've seen a few around.

I''ve just been a Googling and yes there are breeders here in SA.

http://www.baronbassbassets.com/links.asp

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=basset+hounds+south+australia&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

We had to have a Bedlington Terrier when we moved here.We found the only breeder in SA (near the Basset breeder).We have 3 of em' now:wacko::wacko:

Guest alan smallman

Thanks Tyke.

I'll keep it to meself tho!!:biglaugh:

Alan