Sign in to follow this  
Guest rockpool crab

Flat spin..aaaaargh

Guest rockpool crab

Hi

Now I'm thinking..why didn't I create an online Portfolio / Resume before now. Anyways..I thought it might look quite professional to have a specific domain name and some hosting space which I could buy in UK..but I see a lot of URL's with .au at the end of them. I'm just torn whether I should buy something which has this extension..how important is it? should I just stick to a plain .com

I'm hoping for something like ...

www.mack4u.com.au

now..nobody go pinch this please :-)

Hope some internet buffs out there can advise :err:

Cheers...Carol Ann

PS..I guess I could hang a few pages onto my existing bay canvases..but that might not look as professional... www.baycanvases.com/carolann/index.html ..mm..on further thinking that through mind you...maybe I could just use my old one..eeee..decisions eh!..nowhere to live yet and I'm wondering about stuff like this..aaaaaargh.

Guest Bex & Nick

From my experience most Australian companies have a .com.au domain name. You may not be able to register a .com.au domain name until you are in Australia as the eligibility criteria seem to be quite strict.

Guest rockpool crab
    From my experience most Australian companies have a .com.au domain name. You may not be able to register a .com.au domain name until you are in Australia as the eligibility criteria seem to be quite strict.

Hi there,

thanks for getting back to me. I've decided to just stick with my old site and append it on. It's not like I need this forever (hopefully!)

I'll see when I get there about .au domain names then...at least I know not to bother for now :)

Cheers

Carol Ann

This might help:

http://www.business.gov.au/Business+Entry+Point/Business+Topics/Registration+and+licences/Register+your+business+or+company/Register+your+domain+name.htm

At work, we were told by the IT company that we use that they could register one on our behalf - think it costs something like $45 for a .com.au one, and this is for two years - .com can only be registered for a year at a time and cost something like $20 a year.

Diane