Guest Aussie pat

Leases

Guest Aussie pat

Just to warn other newcomers. We arrived last Thurs and have a 3 month let. Without thinking it thru we made the mistake of just having my husband's name on the lease. So far both Medicare and the Driver's Licencing people have kicked up a fuss and we've had to run around getting proof that I have an address. Funny thing is I used to live in Adelaide and was already on their system, whereas hubbie has never lived here. Yet he was approved immediately and I had the problems.

Hope this saves someone else wasting half a day of their precious time.

Hedy

Just to warn other newcomers. We arrived last Thurs and have a 3 month let. Without thinking it thru we made the mistake of just having my husband's name on the lease. So far both Medicare and the Driver's Licencing people have kicked up a fuss and we've had to run around getting proof that I have an address. Funny thing is I used to live in Adelaide and was already on their system, whereas hubbie has never lived here. Yet he was approved immediately and I had the problems.

Hope this saves someone else wasting half a day of their precious time.

Hedy

hiya hedy, thx for taking time out to post that, its obvious i suppose,but something easily overlooked what with all the hassle on arrival,thats more notes in my "must do" book! thx again