booking flights/prices

Guest kerryngamba

Guest kerryngamba

Hi guys ,

looking at booking flights for next years reccie!

can anyone tell us best airlines/prices to look for.Gonna be visiting for a month so wondered if that will make a difference when choosing an airline and route.hoping to fly into perth then out of adelaide or even melbourne.just airing some ideas,your thoughts would be great,has anyone ever done that drive?:jimlad:

Some of the newer airlines like Etihad (flies via Abu Dhabi and their planes are all brand new not big airline castoffs) are cheaper. Flying into Perth is usually a bit cheaper as it's just that much closer to Asia. There are lots of Alliance flights where you fly one airline out of Europe into Asia and then Qantas into Australia. Your best bet is to find on the net one of those sites that lists all the airline deals and any specials.

There are only a few international airlines that fly directly into Adelaide. Air NZ, Qantas, Singapore and Cathay Pacific. There is lots more choice if you don't mind flying into Perth , Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney. Another option is to fly into Darwin and drive down. This is interesting as you really see the country change from Tropical to arid to desert to arid to our lovely SA!

Hi guys ,

can anyone tell us best airlines/prices to look for.Gonna be visiting for a month so wondered if that will make a difference when choosing an airline and route.hoping to fly into perth then out of adelaide or even melbourne.just airing some ideas,your thoughts would be great,has anyone ever done that drive?:jimlad:

Hi

We went on a reccie on 23 May and flew with Emirates direct to Sydney, stayed over for 1 night and booked one way internal flights to Adelaide with Virgin Blue ($100 each). We then booked 1 way internal flights to Brisbane with quantas ($120 each) and then took our return flight from Brisbane to Dubai staying for 2 nights & then onto Manchester. Emirates were excellent and their flights cost us £720 including stopovers. We could have took a stopover in Thailand on the way out at no extra cost but we only had 16 days due to school holidays. You could fly to Perth and return from Melbourne with Emirates but you would have to get internal flights to Adelaide. I booked everthing over the internet including accommodation & had no problems whatsoever.

Good luck

Guest kerryngamba

hi kizzy thanx 4 ya reply it looked interesting the way you organized your reccie we got lots of ideas on were we wanna go n what we wanna do stopping off in thailand is prob one of them !anyway off to look on net 4 flight prices xxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just wanted to say check out trailfinders, they use to do one free internal flight in Australia if you book to get there with them, airlines are as Rachel said, all good ones and usually pretty cheap if you book in advance with them.

I guess its just a case of looking everywhere and comparing prices for what suits you, there really are some bargains to be had.

We booked with Trailfinders 12months in advance for our one way flights and got them £1,500 for a family of 4, thought that was pretty good.

Guest mightyBouch
Hi guys ,

Hi There

I am just pricing up my reccie for next easter.

I will be travelling from London to Auckland NZ to visit friends, then on to Adelaide, then to Brisbane to visit my wife's Uncle then back home.

The best quote I have is with Air New Zealand (and Virgin Blue between Adelaide and Brisbane) with a total cost of £1100 and booking through Austravel/Travelmood.

Mike:wideyedxmas: