8 months and NO CO!

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

:sad: I don't normally have a moan or whinge (well not on here anyway!) but am so FED UP. We e-lodged our 475 visa on 3.4.08 - and we originally thought we'd have a visa by now but with the back-log we don't even have a Case Officer yet.

It's frustrating to see there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the speed of applications being processed. Like everyone else we can't make any plans which isn't easy and very boring!

The added stress is that when we applied to be on a Place in the Sun we thought we'd have our visa by now - we'd get flights to SA, they'd find us a house, and done! Not so...... we are now going to be on TV, prime-time 1 hour special on Channel 4 telling the nation we hate our jobs and this country and probably without a visa in hand :confused:

So my OH is likely to get sacked (esp as they filmed on site - woops) and we'll be out of work and a house while waiting for the visa so might have to do what is now known as a 'Cunnah10' and come over and wait for the visa.. And it's unlikely he'll be given a glowing reference is it????

I know the visa might come in this time - but after being ona reccie, it is so depressing to be back here without anymore news. Honestly, I could cry. :sad:

Martin & Val - could your mum help us out please???? x x x

Chin up ol' girl.:) It'll turn out fine in the end you'll see. For us it all seemed over but things happen and we are here and finding life just grand. We have been through the frustrations of waiting although Tracey didn't go on TV to slag off the NHS:biglaugh:

We have a chilled bottle in the fridge with your name on it and if you have to do 'a cunnah' we will help you out all we can. Try to be positive if you can. You'll soon be here maning about those blasted flies.;)

Pete

Guest Lulujim

:biglaugh: Thanks Pete that has cheered me up lots. Think I'm just having a bad day.

Fingers crossed I'll have some good news soon.

p.s - have got a good pic of you and Tracey - can you PM me your email address so I can send it to you?

Hey Alexis,

I am having the same day, starting to really worry now (especially with our flights booked), really dont know what to do. I wanted you and James to get your visa so much, you are supposed to be there before us to help us settle in and borrow all your toys and cots!!!!

We might even give up our flights but my boss knows we are going next year and is looking for my replacement in January!!

I'm going to ask our agent today what she thinks but I know it wont make any difference.

Are you at home now? Ill try and call you, guess you might be in the library unless you have your computer set up?

Speak soon, we can cheer each other up.

Pete and Tracey might have 2 families of 4 knocking on their doorstep without visas!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Alexis and Denise

Why not try what we did?? We are not using an agent and only lodged 7 weeks ago but we now have a CO and are on a 175. We rang the processing centre in Adelaide and very nicely asked the lady if there was any chance of being dealt with quickly as we have a job offer.

I know this may not apply to you if you don't have a job offer (not sure?) but it's worth a try. I do sympathise with you on this matter, it must be particularly frustrating to see people like me getting through so quickly when you have been waiting so long.

I hope it's your turn soon and we can meet up on the other side.

Mandy

Guest Martin and Val

Alexisand Co,

We are both so sorry to have missed you on your recci but we have been wrapped up in all the things that need to be done when you get here.

Sorry we cant help out with the visa time scale and we like everybody else know how frustrating things are just waiting and not knowing. It will happen thats for certain and when it does you wont know what hit you. You wait and wait and then its arrives without the fireworks that you expected!

Cheer up as 2009 will be a good year and we will have a word with the Mum later to see if she can speed things up, no promises you understand!!

8_1_202.gif 8_1_231.gif

Hi Alexis and Denise

Why not try what we did?? We are not using an agent and only lodged 7 weeks ago but we now have a CO and are on a 175. We rang the processing centre in Adelaide and very nicely asked the lady if there was any chance of being dealt with quickly as we have a job offer.

I know this may not apply to you if you don't have a job offer (not sure?) but it's worth a try. I do sympathise with you on this matter, it must be particularly frustrating to see people like me getting through so quickly when you have been waiting so long.

I hope it's your turn soon and we can meet up on the other side.

Mandy

Hi Mandy

I'm going to do that today, and Ill call my agent. Whats the number for the processing centre?

Hey, I dont begrudge you getting yours so quickly, I'm really pleased for you, just having one of those worrying days.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Denise

The number on our letter is 0061 1300 364613. I wasn't suggesting that you meant anything by it or begrudged it, I just know I would be aggravated slightly in your boat.

A little gentle persuasion to the right people helped us heaps. We just asked if it was at all possible to be looked at sooner, given the job offer, as all documents sent and ready to process and she said she would pass it on to her manager. If her manager deemed that all was in order she would "consider" early allocation to a case officer. That was last Tuesday night 10.30pm and yesterday no word from manager but email from CO

Give it a whirl tonight and good luck

mandy