Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yogi Jane

dogs

Guest Yogi Jane

Hi Everyone, I have finally posted my visa forms so I know I'm in for a big wait, now i need to start asking serous questions...

I would like to hear fro anyone who has transported dogs over and what sort of experience you had?

Also any tips on making the journey as stress free as possible for my 2 gorgeous dogs?

All advice welcome please, I'm not sure where to begin.....:v_SPIN:

Guest becky c

Hi there,

We brought our little Jack Russell with us. We used Golden Arrow who are based in Shropshire, they were really good and made that part of the process stress free. They don't have a website though, if you want the number I'll see if I can dig it out for you. You can't send toys or blankets with them, which we were disappointed about, they don't even get to keep their collar!

I don't think there's much you can do to make the quarantine process stress free, it's really out of your control. We phoned Spotswood regularly to see how our dog was, but being in SA couldn't feasibly visit. Our dog was OK when we picked her up from Adelaide Airport and within a couple of days was back to her old self again. We're really glad we brought her with us, it was great to see the kids so happy when she arrived.

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask,

Good Luck,

Bec x

Guest covfan71
    Hi there,

We brought our little Jack Russell with us. We used Golden Arrow who are based in Shropshire, they were really good and made that part of the process stress free. They don't have a website though, if you want the number I'll see if I can dig it out for you. You can't send toys or blankets with them, which we were disappointed about, they don't even get to keep their collar!

I don't think there's much you can do to make the quarantine process stress free, it's really out of your control. We phoned Spotswood regularly to see how our dog was, but being in SA couldn't feasibly visit. Our dog was OK when we picked her up from Adelaide Airport and within a couple of days was back to her old self again. We're really glad we brought her with us, it was great to see the kids so happy when she arrived.

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask,

Good Luck,

Bec x

Hi, may i ask how much you paid in total to get your dog from A to b?

Guest becky c

In total it cost about two and a half grand (english pounds). That included shipping from UK to Melbourne, quarantine costs and then a flight from Melbourne to Adelaide. When you get quotes from shippers, just be mindful that they may not be including quarantine costs, this is paid locally before you can collect your dog.

Bec x