Guest covfan71

Newbie - Where to live

Guest covfan71

Hi everyone, just received a positive reply from Vetassess and am in the process of applying for SA sponsorship next.

Adelaide is our choice to settle but we have no idea where to settle. We will initially want to rent for the first 6 months and then look around to buy. We would like to be within 15 mins from the City and within reasonable distance from the beach. Can anyone help. Flagstaff Hill has come up alot in other forums.

Thanks, hopefully will get to meet some of you soon

Mark

Guest ems

Hi Mark.

Welcome to PIA. Not there yet so can't advise on distances but i'm sure Flagstaff Hill is further than 15 mins from the city. There are plenty of people who will be able to give you more accurate advise on here. Good luck with everything.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Mark and Welcome to PIA! Glad to see you joined up. Yes Flagstaff Hill is about 25 mins to the CBD (if my memory serves me correctly), depending upon the time of day of course.

More members will be along soon to correct me if i'm wrong.

Mandy

Guest Guest75

Hi Mark.

You will be limiting yourself with that brief.

There is a ring of hills surrounding the Adelaide plains/city - you will be in that area (bad description I know)

Many is right,Flagstaff Hill is 25 away+

Perhaps have a look at Seacliff, Brighton and Glenelg,Henley Beach,West Beach.

Some pricey stuff there though - in terms of rentals and buying.

Have a look at the suburbs to the SW ande W between the city and the beaches.This is where you willfind your house that is 15 mins from the city and not far fromthe beaches but still affordable. So places like Glandore, Clarence Gdns, Clarence Park, Richmond, Novar Gdns, Kurralta Park, Seaton, West Beach, North Plympton, South Plympton, Plympton, Morphettville, Edwardstown etc

Guest Guest75
    Have a look at the suburbs to the SW ande W between the city and the beaches.This is where you willfind your house that is 15 mins from the city and not far fromthe beaches but still affordable. So places like Glandore, Clarence Gdns, Clarence Park, Richmond, Novar Gdns, Kurralta Park, Seaton, West Beach, North Plympton, South Plympton, Plympton, Morphettville, Edwardstown etc

Yeah but them's all rough areas innit???

Only kiddng - I run out of suburbs as you get further north;):biglaugh:

Guest graandjac

:)something else to be considered .....its good to want to live close to the city but it will depend on how much people can afford to spend on a house....!!!! , just like any other city the nearer to the centre you are the higher the prices. good luck

Guest swampo

Don't start.... LOL You know how touchy folks are about areas!

Yeah but them's all rough areas innit???

Only kiddng - I run out of suburbs as you get further north;):biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
    Don't start.... LOL You know how touchy folks are about areas!

It will be Marks & Sparks and Hairdressers next ;):biglaugh:

Guest tooeasy

if your from coventry you need to go north :biglaugh: only kiddin welcome to pia