Guest Em76

Shipping Surcharges

Guest Em76

Don't know whether anyone can help, but we have just been asked for an additional £325 from our shipping company. They collected our stuff 2 1/2 weeks ago and we paid in full at the time.

We had asked for a revised quote 28 days before they came (as we were advised to by another company) and were told the quote hadn't changed, but may go down due to oil price - hence we were somewhat shocked to receive this letter on Friday.

Has anyone else experienced this, or been able to find a way of not paying it?

Thanks in advance

Em x

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Em

sorry can't really help, but yes I have heard of it before. Have you managed to establish what exactly the extra charge is for??

Mandy

Guest Tracey Smith

We were also charged extra after paying in full, another 250- 300 as far as I can remember. They said it was because we filled more cubic space than had been estimated.

The charges are exchange rate fluctuations and oil prices.

How does that work oil is alot cheaper than it was say 3 months ago..........Bandits........at least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people :arghh:.

Quantas have reduced their fule tax due to oil being so much cheaper.:)

Guest covfan71

Can i ask what sort of prices you actually paid and for what size container. I am just putting together a rough figures guide for my move. Hopefully though i will be leaving most of my stuff behind