Guest kerryngamba

visa options!

Guest kerryngamba

can anyone shed some light on my/our visa options.

some visas are semi skilled,some are skilled,others seem to be given if you got the cash and others just simply to hard to get!!!

Im a fully qualified diesel/truck mechanic,35 years old.

I have spent the last two and half years learning transport refrigeration(trucks that carry frozen/chilled goods).

My time spent as a mechanic is no good for a skilled visa as i have to have been actively mechanicing!!for the last twelve months.Consequently my two n half years with fridges is only just over the minimum time/experience by six months.The skills assesment in refrigeration for a skilled visa consists of industrial air conditioning and also commercial(shop freezers and coolers).

There seems to be a lot of visa options out there can anyone lend some advise on hopefully the right way forward for us?:skeptical:

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi guys

You might want to consider the services of a migration agent for some proper and accurate advice. However, you may want to look at the Skilled Independent 175 visa as a mechanic, you will however need to prove your qualifications, work experience etc for this one as you will need to have your skills assessed.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Mandy

Guest MR&MRSC

Hi, we had a response from 'Duncan Dan Clan' last week, he is a serving Mechanic in Ad. he may be able to help. Seems really nice and helpful. Look him up and drop him an e-mail. If not, you could post a thread asking him to respond.

Also, you could look on the immigration web, visa section. It has everything listed.

We have chosen to do Vetassess ourselves and are using an agent for the Visa.

Good look, sorry can't be of anymore help. :chatterbox:

can anyone shed some light on my/our visa options.

some visas are semi skilled,some are skilled,others seem to be given if you got the cash and others just simply to hard to get!!!

Im a fully qualified diesel/truck mechanic,35 years old.

I have spent the last two and half years learning transport refrigeration(trucks that carry frozen/chilled goods).

My time spent as a mechanic is no good for a skilled visa as i have to have been actively mechanicing!!for the last twelve months.Consequently my two n half years with fridges is only just over the minimum time/experience by six months.The skills assesment in refrigeration for a skilled visa consists of industrial air conditioning and also commercial(shop freezers and coolers).

There seems to be a lot of visa options out there can anyone lend some advise on hopefully the right way forward for us?:skeptical:

Hi there

Like Mandy said, why not consider using the services of an agent, you can pay a fee of around £90-£100 for a consultation and there is no obligation to continue your application or use them for the process.

For this one off fee you will find out just if and how you can apply then do the rest yourself.

We did this 3years ago and got told we couldnt apply, then 6months later things changed in emmigration and because we were on file, they contacted us and now we are nearly there.

Worth considering

Denise

Guest sub

Dont think you should pay a consultation fee! I had a free consultation on the phone prior to applying for my visa. I rung Go Matilda who were a great help. Give them a go! You've nowt to lose!!!

www.gomatilda.com