Pesty650

Meds & Police check asked for at time of app

Hi all,

We got our SA sponsorship last week & decided to apply for the 475 visa straight away just in case they change the rules or skills list due to the current economic climate. We thought that based on other peoples experience we'd have a year at least before any visa was issued. When we completed the online application, the meds and police checks were among the docs required to be submitted within 28 days. We sent an email to DIAC querying this as we thought it would be some months before we were asked for meds & police check & that in the DIAC website it says to wait until asked to do these. They have told us not to worry about the 28 days too much, but that we need to show they were applied for at the time of application, which means we need to get them done now. Has this happened to anyone else?

Obviously this has a major impact on the first entry date on any visa which is likely to be December 2009 - 1 year from the police checks. We were expecting more like Mid 2010 for a first entry date to be honest. This isn't what we expected so we're having a bit of a panic now to say the least. :err:

Has anyone else done an online 475 app recently & had a similar, or different experience?

Phil

Guest Lulujim

Hi - the 475s are going so slowly at the moment. We applied in APRIL and still haven't got a CO yet! We did our meds in June - which means when the visa comes it'll be quite tight to get everything done and sorted in time...if I were you I'd wait a fair bit. At least 3/4 months after you've e-lodged your visa would be my advice seeing as the 475s seem to take on average about 9 months after e-lodging. Hope that helps? :err:

Hi Phil

I don't think I can be much help as we have an agent doing everything for us, we certainley didnt have to do our Police checks or meds straight away, in fact we did them against our agents advise in October.

I don't know of anyone who has done them this early and its quite a tight timeline with the visas taking so long.

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this for you.

Guest Lulujim
    Hi Phil

I don't think I can be much help as we have an agent doing everything for us, we certainley didnt have to do our Police checks or meds straight away, in fact we did them against our agents advise in October.

I don't know of anyone who has done them this early and its quite a tight timeline with the visas taking so long.

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this for you.

hiya? fancy a chat?