Guest ReadyPenny

Having Doubts??

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Well as you all know we have sold the house and are due to move out on 15.01.08, buyers came round last night to have another look around. We also have our CO and everything like meds, pcs etc are complete now and we are literally just waiting for the visa to be granted.

We only decided to make this move in June this year and since then we have been very lucky indeed and everything has just fallen into place for us. We only lodged online on 01.10.08 and may possibly get the visa before Christmas. Less than 3 months is totally amazing for a 175.

We were put in touch with Sean's new employer in Adelaide who has given him a job, we went to meet him and stayed at his home in Aldgate when we did our reccie in August and everything went really well. He has offered to help us out with housing etc by sorting it all before we arrive, as he has a lot of business contacts etc etc. He is even paying for our flights out there.

I am not being ungrateful and I know how fortunate we are to have gone through the visa process so quickly, TRA, get a job and the big one SELL THE HOUSE, so please don't think I am moaning. It's just that, now that all this is in place, and we are set to move to Adelaide at the end of February I suddenly feel frightened out of my wits. The enormity of what we are doing seems to have hit me in the face today for some reason and has knocked me for six! I now feel very sad about what or should I say Who we are leaving behind and that my daughter will grow up in a better environment but without her family around her.

Sure she will make new friends, live a slower more relaxed lifestyle and live in a better place, but just a mum and dad for family and no-one else.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and for rambling, just needed to put my thoughts down in writing!!

Mandy

Guest turners

everyone has doubts you wouldn't be human if you didn't, your daughter will be fine we found to just keep telling the kids to talk to us about anything share all your feeling with her she won't bottle it up if you share how you are with her we have only been here 4 months and our kids are doing well they do miss things and we all have the odd bad day, but on a whole we know we have done the best thing for our family Good Luck Dina

Guest Guest75

Mandy......................................It's normal to feel like this.

Not one of us that has made this move will say otherwise I'm sure.

It's a natural instinct to be wary - I suppose you are even more wary as things do really seem to be going your way:)

I'd worry if you didn't worry!!!;)

Guest rowy

You have my sympathy, its all I keep thinking about...is it right for my little girl and is it unfair on my parents!! Its so hard. But we visited Adelaide 2 months ago and deep down know it will all be ok. Good Luck, Penny

Guest swampo

We were scared to death when the time actually came to make the move. Horrible leaving friends and family behind. However, once here you will wonder what you worried about. The first couple of weeks are manic and by the time you get to draw breath you realise that you are settling and things are falling into place. Also lots of folk on PIA to help and support you through this 'traumatic time'.

Normal feeling of panic, don't worry we all feel like that.

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks guys!! I was kind of hoping you would say that! I am really looking forward to the move but had never considered how huge it was until Friday.

Mandy

Guest C&MKing

mandy

we had our appln granted on wed. i have subsequently told my family and closest friends which has been incredibly hard and am feeling really guilty..... am typing this with tears rolling down my face!!!!

im sure this is all completely normal, but dont feel that you are in any way on your own because you re not...its the reality hitting in now, but once you ve got your head around it am sure it ll be fine (heres hoping!!!)

best wishes

clare:biggrinxmas:

Guest ems

Hi Mandy.

Quite ironic i saw this post today. I was laying in bed today unable to sleep (promise I'm not lazy, just finished my last night shift). It was as though it has all suddenly hit me, all i could think about is am i making the right decision. I kinda know deep down i am but i just feel at the mo that i can't talk to anyone about it. I've got things going on in my family which make me feel a bit guilty about going, that in turn means i don't want to worry them that i am starting panic a bit. I don't feel i can talk to my mates as they really don't want me to go anyway.

One thing that does keep me going seeing threads like this where i know I'm certainly not alone with how I'm feeling.

I'm sure the next couple of months will go quickly for us.

All i can say is thank you to everyone on here, it really is a great support knowing i can just switch on the computer and chat with other people who have been through/going through the same thing.

Guest happy feet
    Hi Mandy.

Quite ironic i saw this post today. I was laying in bed today unable to sleep (promise I'm not lazy, just finished my last night shift). It was as though it has all suddenly hit me, all i could think about is am i making the right decision. I kinda know deep down i am but i just feel at the mo that i can't talk to anyone about it. I've got things going on in my family which make me feel a bit guilty about going, that in turn means i don't want to worry them that i am starting panic a bit. I don't feel i can talk to my mates as they really don't want me to go anyway.

One thing that does keep me going seeing threads like this where i know I'm certainly not alone with how I'm feeling.

I'm sure the next couple of months will go quickly for us.

All i can say is thank you to everyone on here, it really is a great support knowing i can just switch on the computer and chat with other people who have been through/going through the same thing.

Hi Emma,

Keep chin up lovey, just remember why we our doing this... Need to chat just call:winkxmas:

Love cara xxxx

P.s just think 8 plus weeks we will be sitting in the sun, trying out the local vino....:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest ems

Cheers Cara.

Might have to take you up on that soon. I am looking forward to that vino and i'm sure it will be the life that i want for Alicia. It was just wierd how it suddenly hit me. I've only been excited up until this point.

Thanks for the message on FB.xxx

Guest Pies

Hi,

Know the feeling: waiting for Visa to come through, which may not be before I have to give notice to my company in order to take advantage of voluntary redundancy to make this move possible, have the unknowns of getting the house shipshape and ready to rent, will we get jobs? will the kids settle in? Hanging onto my sanity, but tough right now. Have to make the call on job by 16th Jan and not sure visa going to come through by then. 17 years and established career is hard one to let go of, but otherwise we will be wishing we had in 10 years time....so got to go for it and take the risks to make it work...first big wobble in the 14 months or so we have been looking at this.

Anybody got some inspiration at this time?

Pies

Guest C&MKing

ems

im sure you are doing the right thing...how can staying in this country be the right decision when you have a young child with all the sunshine and space oz has to offer. that is part of the reason we are going and we havent even got a family yet!!

i really agree with you about this website...it isnt easy to discuss with family and friends who dont want you to go anyway...but you have to think about what is right for you and your little girl long term....also, lets face it you wouldnt have got to this point without really wanting to do it with all the bloody paperwork thats been involved!!!

bye for now and stay positive

clare :)

Guest C&MKing

pies

my husband matt handed in his notice before we got our visa granted...it was largely because he could nt bear the pressure of his job any longer but it was still a big risk as we both work in property and he would have really struggled to find a job if it wouldnt have worked out for us.

like you say you dont want to look back on this in 10 years time and think what if and then spend a lifetime regretting that you havent gone for it. i think you have to go with your gut instinct, its always worked for me.

best of luck and hope you are happy with your decision either way

clare

Hi Guys

Well as you all know we have sold the house and are due to move out on 15.01.08, buyers came round last night to have another look around. We also have our CO and everything like meds, pcs etc are complete now and we are literally just waiting for the visa to be granted.

We only decided to make this move in June this year and since then we have been very lucky indeed and everything has just fallen into place for us. We only lodged online on 01.10.08 and may possibly get the visa before Christmas. Less than 3 months is totally amazing for a 175.

We were put in touch with Sean's new employer in Adelaide who has given him a job, we went to meet him and stayed at his home in Aldgate when we did our reccie in August and everything went really well. He has offered to help us out with housing etc by sorting it all before we arrive, as he has a lot of business contacts etc etc. He is even paying for our flights out there.

I am not being ungrateful and I know how fortunate we are to have gone through the visa process so quickly, TRA, get a job and the big one SELL THE HOUSE, so please don't think I am moaning. It's just that, now that all this is in place, and we are set to move to Adelaide at the end of February I suddenly feel frightened out of my wits. The enormity of what we are doing seems to have hit me in the face today for some reason and has knocked me for six! I now feel very sad about what or should I say Who we are leaving behind and that my daughter will grow up in a better environment but without her family around her.

Sure she will make new friends, live a slower more relaxed lifestyle and live in a better place, but just a mum and dad for family and no-one else.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and for rambling, just needed to put my thoughts down in writing!!

Mandy

Hey Mandy

I was really surprised to read this, I suppose after reading all your posts and hearing how excited you are and how quick its all happened I just expected you to shoot over there no probs.

I cant imagine having these feelings of doubt although after reading your replies I am now pretty sure it will happen.

Its a funny old process we all go through but I'm certain you and your crew will be fine.

Wonder if Ill have a post in June saying the same???? We will see.

Guest Pies
    pies

my husband matt handed in his notice before we got our visa granted...it was largely because he could nt bear the pressure of his job any longer but it was still a big risk as we both work in property and he would have really struggled to find a job if it wouldnt have worked out for us.

like you say you dont want to look back on this in 10 years time and think what if and then spend a lifetime regretting that you havent gone for it. i think you have to go with your gut instinct, its always worked for me.

best of luck and hope you are happy with your decision either way

clare

Hey Clare,

Thank you!!

Good point about the gut and it is strongly growling "go to Oz", so fair dinkum, as they say. I guess the uncertainty has been bred via the deteriorating economy, both here and in Oz. But I have a particular set of skills whch should see me and the family OK, I hope....just a wobble, and life would not be as exciting without wobbles, which brings us full circle........anyway, I kind of answered my question in the post I put out: no redundancy, no Oz!!

Where do I sign....??

Good luck to all going through this, and Happy Holidays when they come!

Pies