Guest Trakki

Every parent worst nightmare

Guest Trakki

Had to write this down as still can't believe it happened and the help we got from all the mums and teachers at the school was amazing.

On Friday, me and Pete, with Joe and Niamh went to pick Jack and Sophie up from school, Sophie came out of her class and then disappeared back inside so I followed her to see what she had forgotten, had a quick chat with the teacher and then went back outside to where Pete, Niamh and Joe were waiting for Jack. As I walked up to them Pete said 'Wheres Niamh?' I told him I had not seen her but he told me that she had followed me into the class. I nipped back into the class room as I was certain that she had made her self comfy with a book. No she wasn't there so we had another scan of the playground but didn't see her (she is 2). So I went and double checked the clasroom again, the teacher asked what I was looking for so I told her we couldn't find Niamh, at this point I was starting to get rather concerned as Niamh doesn't stray far from us. The teacher came running out of the class and bumpedinto a few mums who all immediately started looking for NIamh, embarrassing part was that they askeus what Niamh was wearing and all I could tell them was what trousers she had on and that she had pepper pig sandals on, I just kept telling them that she has ginger hair but not alot of it!! Neither me of Pete could remember what top she was wearing, when you dress 4 kids you don't realy take a huge amount of notice what they have on as long as it matches!! Pete went one way and I sent Jack and Sophie the other way. About 5 mins later and starting to get panicky I saw Sophies teacher disappear into the office, she told me afterwrds that she had been about to call the police as Niamh was nowhere on the school property, as she got to the office a lady walked into the office with Niamh, she had apparently crossed the road. I saw Sophies teacher who is not very tall or very big, carrying Niamh towards me, (Niamh is small but looked enormous in Mrs Frasers arms).

OMG I was so scared, I recon she followed someone with similar clothes as us and got swept along. I have never been so scared in my life, it was the longest 10 mins of my life. There were 3 mums and their kids and 2 teachers who dropped everything to help us.

I know this has nothing to do with emigrating but had to get it off my chest.

Thanks for listening

Guest sjs

tracey

i am just realising you have your own user name - im reading this post going its tracey and pete ! OMG - i freaked out at my son being sick the other day and the other one having a nose bleed so i dont know how that must have felt. i did notice though at the school that we are going to enroll aidan the gates to the school were left open during lunch and this didnt sit comfortably with me - is this normal then ?

i am just so glad your story had a happy ending the poor thing must have been terrified too.

speak soon and best wishes

sarah jane

Guest Lulujim

Tracey - that's awful. I had a similar thing when james thought I had Mags and visa versa - I swear it felt like my heart stopped beating. So glad to hear that you got lots of help though - don't give yourself a hard time about it - it's happened to every parent I'm sure. x

Guest Guest75

Phew!

We have also had something similar happen years ago.

I would not wish that feeling on anyone.Glad to know it was a false alarm- which 99.999999999999% of them are I'm sure.

Yes it happened to me too, in London in a shop which opened onto a busy road......luckily my son, then 2 yrs had gone the other direction right across to the other side of the mall and was found near the drinks in Boots (where I used to get him a drink on the way home). He still has excellent navigation skills.

Guest Roo1

Ohhh Tracey, you poor luv.....that must have been awful for you. I'm so relieved everything turned out ok.

J x

Guest Trakki

Thanks guys, I know it happens to a lot of people but I think what worried us even more is that out of the 4 Niamh is the least likely to stray, she likes to have us in her sights, even at home and her gob is so loud that you can always hear her!!lol All the what if senarios keep running thorough my head like 'what if she had got run over, what if noone had bought her back. I am always the first person to say 'you can live on what ifs, t will drive you mad, well this is what it is doing. Will take a while to get back to normal with her me thinks!!!

I don't think she quite understands why me and Pete were constantly checking where she was when we went to the colonnades and the beach today, think we will be a bit over protective for a while!!

Thanks again guys for letting me vent.

Guest Devon

Glad all turned out well and that you can soon relax again

Cathy x