North East England; Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland etc

Guest Cal

Need a home away from home? Need to hear that familiar accent? There are a few of us kicking around! And we tend to all know each other. I went to school with three people here and my parents know their parents who live here too!

Get in touch!

Oh and me? I'm from Ryton, Gateshead... that's down near Blaydon on A695 road!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest verulam
Need a home away from home? Need to hear that familiar accent? There are a few of us kicking around! And we tend to all know each other. I went to school with three people here and my parents know their parents who live here too!

Get in touch!

Oh and me? I'm from Ryton, Gateshead... that's down near Blaydon on A695 road!

Hi Cal....I wish I'd known about that when i lived in Adelaide! Back in Northumberland now.

I remember being in Parabanks Mall and hearing a Geordie accent. I turned around to see a little old lady in a wheelchair, and it was so good to hear ther Geordie "twang". Turned out she came from Prudhoe and had been in Adelaide since the 60's. She was so pleased to have a chat with someone from home and couldn't wait to get back and tell her hubby she'd met someone from geordieland!

My other half is an Aussie, so we will be back over to Adelaide visiting his family many times in the future...be good to meet you then!

Merry Christmas! :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest wiljenni

Hi Cal,

I'm in Wideopen Newcastle but will be on the way to Adelaide in April.Have booked flights for the end of March and staying in Dubai for a few days.The closer it gets the more nervous I'm getting though and not looking forward to saying goodbye to my parents.How long have you been in Oz for.

Jen

Hi - We're from Durham & it'd be great to mett a few northern neighbours

Not flying out till July though but if you lot would wait that long it'd be good:yesxmas:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE MAGS, MACCAMS & SMOGGIES OUT THERE!!!

:emoticon-signxmas:

LYNNE XX

• 1 year later...

Hello there!

For now we live in a village called Bishop Middleham in County Durham, I don't suppose anybody's heard of it. But we've just had our visa's approved and are visiting Adelaide on 23rd of Feb for 11 nights. It's just a recce and to get our passports stamped. Should be moving to Adelaide as soon as we dare!

Any advice, opinions etc would be greatly appreciated. Could even meet for a pint while we're there!

Dean and Lesley.:)

Guest The Broadheads

A`reet everyone!

We are in living Gateshead at the minute.

We validated our visas in November 2008, but decided to wait so Nik could finish her teaching Degree here.

I`m looking for work over in Adelaide now and we are looking Jat uly/August time, for the big move. (fingers crossed our house sells by then!!!!)

Nice to know there`s a small army of geordies, smoggies & makems, going to be around for the emotional rollercoaster that we`re on!

PS - I know where Bishop Middleham is!!!:biglaugh:

Rich.

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

Hey there fellow geordies,

my husband anthony (another geordie) have been living in adelaide for over 7 years. We still love to hear the geordie accent. Now and again you walk through shopping centres and hear the odd geordie.

He currently live in highbury and are loving life over here.

Helen xx

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to 'REFRESH' this thread, we have just arrived in Christies on a reccie/holiday to see wether the fuss is all its cracked up to be...enjoying it so far. We are from Hebburn/Jarrow area, Im originally from South Shields. Funnily enough the house we are renting right now is right next door to another nice Geordie family, Im liking Oz but it warms your heart to hear a canny awld Geordie twang. Would love to keep this thread going and hear your stories, experiences and opinions on Oz...

Jodi Lee & kids xxx

Guest guest8040

Brilliant thread! We're originally from Sunderland living in Chester-le-Street and have just had our case officer appointed today - yikes! Important stuff my husband is red and white thru and thru and wonders if people get together to watch the match (assuming you can get it - I'm not telling him if you can't he wouldn't move haha!)

Hiya thewhitehouse, my hubbys Red n White all the way, so are the rest of us....Lee would definitely be up for meeting up to watch the matches but we havnt started our visa process yet so could be some time yet but he would love it and it would help in making friends Im sure...:)

Jodi Lee & kids x

We're from Hartlepool, as I said above. I'm a press photographer, working with my hometown newspaper for over 25 years. My hubby is a printer, and is the main reason we're here. We arrived here late 2010, and haven't looked back. Not to say it's been easy without family and friends, but we're still here, and still loving it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marcandjo

hey all we from stockton and middlesbrough, been here a year, live in golden grove, enjoying it but miss the northern folk, love to hear familiar accents

Guest jarrowlad

howay the lads from jarrow here but been in adelaide 20yrs great to hear more of us here lets add as friends then we can organise a get together some day any takers.

C'Mon Boro!

We are from Eaglescliffe and heading out to Adelaide in the Summer

Can anyone give us some tips on which areas to look at to live. I'll be working in Parkside so ideally somewhere commutable but with good secondary schools would be ideal.

Guest MrAndrew

Hi, so you'll know Dirk Van Der Werff, Tony Elliot and the like. We are from Hartlepool and as soon as we can sell up in New Zealand we are looking at moving to Adelaide. No doubt youve seen the history of Hartlepool on facebook...better then than it is now. So what do you find so good about Adelaide?

Guest marcandjo

[Hi Andrew, how funny, we are from boro and stockton, been in NZ since 2003 and emmigrated to adelaide 1 year ago, we lived in cambridge. where are you? we couldnt sell so are renting, be great to swap info if you need anything let us know? what do you guys do for a job, any kids, looking for any specific info, this is a great site, i never seen anything like this when we moved to nZ

hope to speak soon

with thanks

jo

QUOTE=MrAndrew;227854]Hi, so you'll know Dirk Van Der Werff, Tony Elliot and the like. We are from Hartlepool and as soon as we can sell up in New Zealand we are looking at moving to Adelaide. No doubt youve seen the history of Hartlepool on facebook...better then than it is now. So what do you find so good about Adelaide?

Hi

I'm from the Boro originally but now reside in Stockton (Eaglescliffe).

We are heading out to Adelaide in the Summer and looking for places to live within commutable distance to the Parkside 5063 area just south of the city centre. So we are looking for any tips on areas to look at which are reasonable prices, good for families and have decent secondary schools.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry

Hi MrAndrew, Dirk was my boss, and Tony Elliot worked with my hubby in the press room. Yes, I've seen the History of Hartlepool in Images on Facebook, i've just been made an administrator for it. Looking forward to helping out the others too....Just love the friendly people in Adelaide and adore the place itself. We're in a great suburb, five minutes from the railway line to the city, and five minutes, in the opposite direction, to the beach at Semaphore.

Guest marcandjo

hey Barry south of city, maybe look up dulwich, norwood, these are mostly east but easy commuting say 15-20 mins city, glenelg and brighton are south, blackwood is a bit further but nice, sing out if you need anything else

hey Barry south of city, maybe look up dulwich, norwood, these are mostly east but easy commuting say 15-20 mins city, glenelg and brighton are south, blackwood is a bit further but nice, sing out if you need anything else

thanks much appreciated - will have a look at those areas on the realestate websites

Barry