certify document

Guest mOZzy

Guest mOZzy

i know i know we had that 1000 and 1 times

but i have a slightly different question .. i think :eek:

i've informed our agent that we'd like to come to their office with our documents for the TRA and get them all certified by them (since we pay them alot of money and since they are now 'allowed' to do so we thought to save some)

well, i've got a reply as follows:

"Registered Migration Agents can certify documents that are to be presented to the Immigration Department, however this does not mean that assessing authorities accept the same certification.

Please get your documents signed by a solicitor or magistrate or notary public."

what are your experiences with this???

Guest Rachel & Jeff

I don't know whether its dependant on the trade you are being assessed for but Jeff is a welder and our migration agent certified all his references. The only thing we had to get done at a solicitors was witnessing his signature on a statutory declaration.

The docs were submitted 10th April and accepted 30th April so it obviously wasn't a problem.

Rachel

Guest mOZzy

thanks rachel!

that's what i thought! i can't see it depending on the trade really

it was one of our reasons to go with an agent in the first place - to avoid having to go and get everything certified on top of everything else!

any more experiences?

Guest Libby1971

Morning

Although we used an agent (as we weren't sure we knew what we were doing), we used a postal service they provided so we didn't actually ever meet the amazing woman who did all the necessary to get our visas.

We used a solicitor and I rang round to find the cheapest as prices vary considerably. We were quoted £2.00 per sheet of A4 to £10 for up to 20 A4 sheets. Then I found out I had been working with a Justice of the Peace for 5 years who wanted no payment at all!

Libby:confused:

Guest mOZzy

thanks libby! that was handy for you :)

unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be one around here. i asked around locally but i only got crazy stares :confused:

and i still want our agent to do it. (we haven't seen any of them either yet, all by email, post or phone) - hmmm, maybe they don't work out of the office but from home. and have to travel themselves to get there :cool:

but hey, they do get lots of money ...

Guest dglamoore

We had an 8 week wait for a JP so phoned around solicitors until we found one that only charged 50p per sheet :DDon't forget get duplicates done too for the visa!

Lisa:cool:

Guest Aussiebound
I don't know whether its dependant on the trade you are being assessed for but Jeff is a welder and our migration agent certified all his references. The only thing we had to get done at a solicitors was witnessing his signature on a statutory declaration.

The docs were submitted 10th April and accepted 30th April so it obviously wasn't a problem.

Rachel

Our friends have used a different agent to us, ours wouldn't certify documents - Go Matilda - but theres did. Think it all depends on who you use.

We where lucky that my auntie is a Justice of the Peace, got them done for a bottle of wine - there was over 80 copies to do so would have cost a fortune!