will it work?

Guest Carl Hallam

Guest Carl Hallam

Moving over to Adelaide Aug 2009, will items like my UK land line phone work? and mobiles? etc . I am a sparky so i know the plugs/sockets are different etc but don't know about telephone lines . also do you/they have cable sky freeview etc. basicaly dont quite know what to bring yet, would rather ship my stuff as got some nice gear but may have to get rid and buy new. origionaly from Nottingham England but have lived on Isle of Wight for 5 years and fancy some of that sun hope to see some of you perhaps. kind regards

Carl , Adelaide and Kids:confusedxmas:???

Guest Alipally

Your mobile will work if it's unlocked....

We brought over our DECT phones, but they don't work here...:mad:xmas. Not sure about 'wired' phones, we had one from USA which worked just fine.

HTH

Guest tooeasy

yes your mobile will work if unlocked but not home telephones as for work tools dont bring any 110v power tools as all sites are 240v so you wont be able to use them :biggrinxmas:

• 1 month later...
Guest alan smallman

Villa fan aye? I was born in Aston and lived at the top of Trinty Rd. Are you a Brummie then, and are there 'others' out there? Now living in Boston. Went to see Boston Utd several years ago but it was like watching a plank warp - it just didn't compare with The Villa (even when we were in the old 3rd Div and the likes of Chico Hamilton and Andy Lochead played for us!!) showing me age now!! I fancy us for a champions league spot this season. Have you been to watch Adelaide Utd? If so, has does that compare??

Cheers

Alan