Hallett Cove - from the sea.

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I took a few shots of Hallett Cove while we were out fishing yesterday.

It certainly looks empty from this angle!

Sorry if the pics are not too good,there was quite a swell and I had trouble holding on!:eekxmas:

HallettCove1.jpg

HallettCove2.jpg

HallettCove3.jpg

Our next trip may be down past Christes Beach,Port Noarlunga,Moana and Aldinga so I'll try and remember the camera.

Guest Guest75
More to the point mate, did you catch owt?:biggrinxmas:

Not off Hallett Cove.The swell was high and coming on the beam (side to ye landlubbers) - making it very wobbly.

Went on down to the area we fished last week off Brighton and caught 4 more KG Whiting.

Tons of Trumpeters which are cr@p /throwback/bait eating fish.A lovely blue Wrasse that went back and several spiny puffer fish - that went back after careful:smilexmas: towel handling.

Next time we might have a go at trolling for Snook ( well it saves me doing on the forums before anyone else says it).Had warning they have teeth and not scared to use them.Show no mercy I'm told:winkxmas:

Guest Guest75
i can see that there was a bit of a swell by the burley.......lol!!!!!!!!!!:laughxmas:

Nick orf!!!!

They were just bubbles from the swim out on the transom.

I seriously did not "Do lumps" but have a weird swaying feeling when sat down last night:confusedxmas::unsurexmas:

Guest Guest75
Just to be boring....what boat did you buy Tyke? I am looking at boats at the moment, thats why I'm interested.

After months of research I bought an Allison Fisherman 189.

I'd asked opinions in every Aus boat and fishing forum going.

Reasons ............. tough as old boots if it does get bad out there.No timber at all in construction.Highly regarded with Aussie fisho community.I know 2 people with em'(one in Sea Rescue who takes his out on rescues),a no- nonsense boat with bags of fishing room ( if ya want some internal shots I'll post em'very rare second hand - owner love em & keep em,Fair size for handling and launching,..Lastly................ Damn,she is pretty:notworthy:

Downside is..............Not cheap or as "flashy" as some boats in her price range...........But when she is going out,most boats are coming in.

She'll easily take over to the other side of the Gulf:smilexmas:

Here are a few links...........

http://www.hodgemarine.com.au/2020applications/vehiclelistings.asp?page_size=1&current_page=6&listing_price=((vehicles.listing_price%20%3E%200)%20%20)%20&o=vehicles.listing_price%20DESC&boolean=OR

Sorry crap /long link there.

Bit of an old article (we have the 115 Mercury 2 stroke on)

http://www.marinews.com/details.php?recordid=265

Quotes from a fishing forum............Not sure if you can get in without the hassle of registering.

Tyke

I have an 18' Allison which I have owned since 1996 and its absolutely great.

Lots of room inside for fishing and handles very well.

Highly recommend them, well built!!!

And...................

they are a very nice lookin boat with heaps of room. i looked at some at hodge marine one day and was very impressed, im sure they would handle that ruff stuff anyday

And...................

Howdy Tyke,

My previous boat was an Allison Fisherman 5.

I was very happy with it and they are very well made and are an extremely practicle boat with tonnes of fishing room which is exactly what fisherpeople want in a boat.

I'm sure the bigger brother of the fisherman 5 that your looking at would be even better.

The only thing you need to watch is the weight of the motor you put on the back due to the pod setup. I had a 60 hp Suzuki 4stroke on the back and it was a little heavy on the back, mind you the 60 Suzis are a very heavy motor for their size.

If you go with the manufacturers weight recommendations you'll have no troubles !

Other than that the Allison's are great boats and I would thoroghly recommend them !

Cheers

p.s. @ Quaker - the Allison's are sold at Hodge Marine on Grange Rd, Findon.

And..............

Hi tyke, I dont own one but i have been fortunate to have been aboard one. It was an angler 195 runabout, great boat. It belongs to pro fisherman on KI and he goes out in the middle of the passage off western river and the like. He loves it, and its a great boat, handles very well etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards snapdragin

And.............

Tyke, yes your research is right.

Allison do build a good boat and have a reputation of same. Perusing some of the eastern states based sites would no doubt give you a lot of incite into them and their pedigree.

Not too many here in SA but of the few I have seen, they seem to be held in high regard by their owners. I doubt you'll find many knockers, but again Eastern seaboard based sites will see more information on them come your way.

Not cheap by any stretch, but I believe they are worth the money

Hope that helps.

If you are in the early days of research,drop me a line - it all about what suits you and your needs - I did not want HMAS Decadence with inlaid walnut - but respect anyones else's choice ( might just snigger if it's a "girly colour though)

• 2 weeks later...